Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can I Build a Hackintosh without a graphics card on CometLake

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only AMD RX560 card available anywhere near retail price is the Visiontek RX560. It will have support in Monterey. See if you can find one under $200 where you shop. A few of the mods here use them and they work OOB with nothing needed to make them work. It's a much better card than any low cost Nvidia if you want to edit videos and photos. I would still go for the Z490 board to use with it. Still too many ??s with Z590 to recommend that.

Z590 compatibility with macOS (from testing by Acidanthera)

• GOP performance is terrible in some BIOS versions. For unknown reasons both IGPU and dGPU (multiple Polaris and Navi cards) have vey slow rendering in UEFI and XNU kernel 1st stage regardless of the CPU generation. This was mostly addressed by the firmware updates, but in our opinion verbose boot is still visually a bit slower than older boards. Fortunately it does not affect booted macOS performance anyhow.
  • XMP is completely broken in early BIOS versions. In most cases the motherboard will simply not boot without a CMOS reset. BIOS updates got that fixed, yet manual overclocking does not seem to be working as stable as in Z490.
  • Sometimes the firmware randomly switches the GPU slot to PCIe x8 or x1 with no software solution but with a simple replug resolving the problem. We failed to find a logical explanation, yet always checking the lane count is by all means reasonable anyway.
Thanks, so to be clear you are recommending to,
For sure change Motherboard to Z490, and if possible add a dGPU.

What if ,I do not add a dGPU,
If I just buy a Z490 (GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS Elite), use it with 10700K having iGPU.
Is will there be a problem in hackintosh performance with this setup ?

Is will there be a problem in hackintosh performance with this setup ?
UHD630 will work fine on Z490. It's not super powerful graphics so don't get expectations too high. You can't game and do 4K video editing with UHD630 but macOS will work with no problems.

The link leads nowhere. Maybe your post has been moved?

Hi, I'm sorry for the late reply. seems my other post got deleted by moderators.
But, I was able to complete the installation.
I followed the opencore guide, This time used debug version of open core and required ktexts.

Faced issue in frame buffer patching but finally by referring other forums everything worked.
Everything working seamlessly now. except bluetooth & handoff.

I'm not using any extension card for wifi/bluetooth. as my mob has onboard WIFI6 and Bluetooth5 so I used
IntelBluetoothFirmware kext and for wireless used this AirportItlwm.kext

Mobo also has Intel 1225_V NIC (ethernet) so I didn't need to add those KETX but just patched as per opencore guide.

I'll add a new question about bluetooth in this forum with more details. As this thread was about using iGPU with Z590. But thanks for all your guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back