Contribute
Register

Can Hackintosh automatically adjust to hardware changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done all of that without doing a clean install. As a matter of fact, it's been over a decade since I've done a clean install.

Went from MacPro1,1 to MacPro3,1 to MacPro5,1 to Z170 has w/i7-6700K to i7-7700K to Z370 w/i7-8700K. Never did a clean install.
I just replaced my CPU i7-7700k > i7-10700K and my mobo gigabyte z270 > gigabyte z490

When I boot my pc, it boots automatically to windows. When I select boot device only the windows drive option is available. When I insert and boot from my mac os install drive, clover will pop up, and my mac install will show up, but when I try to boot, I get an error. do you have any thoughts on this?

I just replaced my CPU i7-7700k > i7-10700K and my mobo gigabyte z270 > gigabyte z490

When I boot my pc, it boots automatically to windows. When I select boot device only the windows drive option is available. When I insert and boot from my mac os install drive, clover will pop up, and my mac install will show up, but when I try to boot, I get an error. do you have any thoughts on this?
What is the version of MacOS installed on your disk before the motherboard / CPU replacement?

Note that Intel 10th generation hardware like what you have is only officially supported on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.

What is the version of MacOS installed on your disk before the motherboard / CPU replacement?

Note that Intel 10th generation hardware like what you have is only officially supported on MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.
its mac os high sierra (1080ti) , im holding out for a 6800xt so i can have native support. so the issue is my cpu?

It's mac os high sierra (1080ti) , I'm holding out for a 6800xt so i can have native support. So the issue is my cpu?
And your motherboard as well. As far as I know, High Sierra is not able to run on Intel 10th generation hardware like what you have.

If you want to make the hardware replacement a success you have to make sure that the installed OS supports the replacement hardware.

If you want to use a RX 6800 XT in the future (provided that it gets native support), you will need to install Big Sur in the future anyway.

Note that Intel 10th generation hardware like what you have is only officially supported on MacOS Catalin

And your motherboard as well. As far as I know, High Sierra is not able to run on Intel 10th generation hardware like what you have.

If you want to make the hardware replacement a success you have to make sure that the installed OS supports the replacement hardware.

If you want to use a RX 6800 XT in the future (provided that it gets native support), you will need to install Big Sur in the future anyway.
Thank you, I guess I will waste some money on a rx580 or something while I search for a 6800xt

Thank you, I guess I will waste some money on a rx580 or something while I search for a 6800xt
why not just leave the old system alone, do a time-machine backup & restore it onto the new build.
a new 256gb nvme is quite reasonable nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back