Contribute
Register

Can Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI push 4k @ 60hz via HDMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Intel HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm about to start my Hackintosh build. It is comprised of the following:
I'd like to have a 4k display if possible. Will this hardware push 4k @ 60hz via HDMI?

Also, I have purchased the Broadcom BCM94352Z wifi card for native support. It will probably arrive a lot later than the rest of the hardware. Will I have any problems building the Hackintosh now and then installing the Broadcom card later?

Thanks for your replies.

The Gigabyte website states that the Z170N-WIFI only has HDMI 1.4 so the max refresh rate is limited to 24 Hz.
Not very good for doing much of anything graphics intensive. Even the mouse cursor would lag.

TRS 2016-05-23 at 12.29.10 PM.jpg

The Gigabyte website states that the Z170N-WIFI only has HDMI 1.4 so the max refresh rate is limited to 24 Hz.
Not very good for doing much of anything graphics intensive. Even the mouse cursor would lag.

View attachment 196567

I saw that but in watching Snazzy Labs youtube video, he has almost the same build and is saying it can power 2 4k displays. I guess he is meaning at 24hz?

How did you build go - I have same motherboard - and ended up giving up

How did you build go - I have same motherboard - and ended up giving up
Build is going good so far. The only thing I can't figure out is the audio!! I have no audio and it's killing me!

Build is going good so far. The only thing I can't figure out is the audio!! I have no audio and it's killing me!
Why not post in the Audio section of the forum for help ?

So, as anyone managed to get 4k@60Hz working reliable on it?

but HDMI 2.0 is not supported in OSX for now. I could not get it to work with my GTX 1050 and two Dell P2715Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back