Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti + RTX 2070
Hello guys. I am trying to get an install of High Sierra to boot in a MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) MB. Intel i7, Nvidia GTX 1050.

I have tried A LOT of things but I am not able to get the computer to boot from the MacOS hard drive, the only way I can do it is booting from the USB created with UniBeast to get to Clover, and then selecting the MacOS Hard drive.

USB installer created with uniBeast:
* EFI mode -> I can boot with it only by pressing F11 at startup. I select "UEFI: USB" and then I can install High Sierra
* Legacy mode -> The computer boots directly (without the need of pressing F11), then I can install High Sierra

After the install I boot using the USB, then select the installed mac HD, the computer starts and then I install boot loader using MultiBeast. I have tried the normal and also the legacy boot, but none of them work. When I restart and press F11 the hard drive shows but without the "UEFI: ..." text that is displayed with the USB stick. If I select the drive and try to start from it I get an error saying that the disc is not bootable. Same thing when installing legacy boot loader.

Things I have tried:
- mounting the EFI partition of the HD and also the one from the working USB stick, and copying all the files in the EFI from the usb to the HD.
- copying the files from the legacy boot USB into the EFI partition and converting it to MBR (using ubuntu)
- installing in a regular hard drive. installing in a ssd (the 240Gb ssd for some reason was invisible to the mac installer, but the 480GB was OK), but same results...

Any ideas????

Hello guys. I am trying to get an install of High Sierra to boot in a MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) MB. Intel i7, Nvidia GTX 1050.

I have tried A LOT of things but I am not able to get the computer to boot from the MacOS hard drive, the only way I can do it is booting from the USB created with UniBeast to get to Clover, and then selecting the MacOS Hard drive.

USB installer created with uniBeast:
* EFI mode -> I can boot with it only by pressing F11 at startup. I select "UEFI: USB" and then I can install High Sierra
* Legacy mode -> The computer boots directly (without the need of pressing F11), then I can install High Sierra

After the install I boot using the USB, then select the installed mac HD, the computer starts and then I install boot loader using MultiBeast. I have tried the normal and also the legacy boot, but none of them work. When I restart and press F11 the hard drive shows but without the "UEFI: ..." text that is displayed with the USB stick. If I select the drive and try to start from it I get an error saying that the disc is not bootable. Same thing when installing legacy boot loader.

Things I have tried:
- mounting the EFI partition of the HD and also the one from the working USB stick, and copying all the files in the EFI from the usb to the HD.
- copying the files from the legacy boot USB into the EFI partition and converting it to MBR (using ubuntu)
- installing in a regular hard drive. installing in a ssd (the 240Gb ssd for some reason was invisible to the mac installer, but the 480GB was OK), but same results...

Any ideas????

Did you install Clover on your hard disk before you copy the contents of the EFI partition on the USB to the hard disk?

Did you install Clover on your hard disk before you copy the contents of the EFI partition on the USB to the hard disk?

I installed Clover in the hard disk using MultiBeast.
When mounting the UEFI partition of the hard disk, I was able to see the folders (Clover,etc.), similar to the ones in the USB. I tried copying the contents of the EFI partition of the USB to the hard drive because the USB was working and the hard drive was not. But it did not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back