Contribute
Register

can asus p5k se epu install lion/snow leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
im new to hackintosh, just a few stupid question to ask

if im buying a new hard drive but using the old build can i install lion/snow leopard?
cuz i google it around and all the new methods are for sandy bridge and gigabyte m/b as well, so im thinking my m/b can work too?

m/b: Asus P5K-SE/EPU
cpu: Core 2 Quad Q9300

if theres any working method, can i have the tutorial as well(if there is any :p cuz i didnt build a hackintosh before)

Thanks everybody! =)

don't worry about all of that. I have the ASUS P5KE-wifi edition and lion works just fine. I am running duo core 2 and 4 GB of memory and an Nvidia 8800 GTS 320MB video card. Anyway you should be fine. The only problem that I am having is that the CMOS clock always changes when I boot from PC to Mac. I need some help there. I have tried everything.

mactopc said:
don't worry about all of that. I have the ASUS P5KE-wifi edition and lion works just fine. I am running duo core 2 and 4 GB of memory and an Nvidia 8800 GTS 320MB video card. Anyway you should be fine. The only problem that I am having is that the CMOS clock always changes when I boot from PC to Mac. I need some help there. I have tried everything.

but which method should i download and use? download the newest rboot/iboot+multibeast?

samisnake said:
@ subarulam: you are going to need a graphics card with that build to make it work.
also, yes, follow the iboot+multibeast guide.

@mactopc: to fix your win/mac clock issue, follow http://yourmacguy.wordpress.com/2008/08 ... lock-sync/

im now using Nvidia 9800GT, is that ok?
btw for the multibeast, which option should i choose(i think they are using different driver than sandy bridge right?) and i cant find my motherboard in the DSDT database
so what should i do?

yep, should be fine with that card.

if you cant find a pre-edited dsdt, and you dont want to make your own, the only other option is easybeast

samisnake said:
yep, should be fine with that card.

if you cant find a pre-edited dsdt, and you dont want to make your own, the only other option is easybeast

so i download the latest iboot+multibeast and just clicking easybeast and everything will be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back