Contribute
Register

Can Anyone Recommend A Hackintosh Laptop For Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I need a laptop that i can hackintosh and use as an everyday machine for Sierra. The specifications i am after are as follows:

i7
Upto or Beyond 32gb DDR4 *Please Note DDR4*
FHD or UHD screen
Backlight Keyboard

As for SSD, i would like to be able to use m.2, and have an available slot(s) for data.

If anyone can recommend a product, i would be really happy, thankyou.

Hi all,

I need a laptop that i can hackintosh and use as an everyday machine for Sierra. The specifications i am after are as follows:

i7
Upto or Beyond 32gb DDR4 *Please Note DDR4*
FHD or UHD screen
Backlight Keyboard

As for SSD, i would like to be able to use m.2, and have an available slot(s) for data.

If anyone can recommend a product, i would be really happy, thankyou.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I just knew youd send this, i was more hoping for someone to list an acutal brand and model number.

Ive heard some of the msi range offer my needs, can anyone else have any input?

Problem is laptops that might be suitable vary by region/market/budget...

Hence the suggestion to read the FAQ, such that you have an idea of the issues involved... then perhaps you can do some research on what's out there that matches up well with macOS/hack requirements.

Other than your dual M.2 requirement, I think there are quite a few laptops that would meet the requirements you listed.

Only issue I see is perhaps where you mention "or Beyond 32gb DDR4". Since I don't think 32gb DDR4 modules are very common (so very expensive), to go "beyond 32gb" would require 4x RAM slots, which is probably rare in laptops... 2x RAM slots that could be filled with 16gb DDR4 is certainly relatively common and reasonably priced.

Hence the suggestion to read the FAQ, such that you have an idea of the issues involved... then perhaps you can do some research on what's out there that matches up well with macOS/hack requirements.

Other than your dual M.2 requirement, I think there are quite a few laptops that would meet the requirements you listed.

Only issue I see is perhaps where you mention "or Beyond 32gb DDR4". Since I don't think 32gb DDR4 modules are very common (so very expensive), to go "beyond 32gb" would require 4x RAM slots, which is probably rare in laptops... 2x RAM slots that could be filled with 16gb DDR4 is certainly relatively common and reasonably priced.

I have seen a few 16GB ddr4 laptop modules for around £100-180 each so 2 would be fine to make up 32gb.

I wouldnt exactly need dual m.2 as i could use a 2TB Hybrid SSD 2.5" in the laptop or a caddy in the dvd drive.

Could you possibly recommend maybe 2-3 laptops i should take a peak at?

Lenovo P70 - Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182491463253

Supports dual m.2 and upto 64GB ddr4 ram!!!!!

Ive heard a few Asus ones are good, any recommendations?

I have seen a few 16GB ddr4 laptop modules for around £100-180 each so 2 would be fine to make up 32gb.

Yes, exactly as I wrote.
But you mentioned in post #1 wanting to go "Beyond 32gb".

I wouldnt exactly need dual m.2 as i could use a 2TB Hybrid SSD 2.5" in the laptop or a caddy in the dvd drive.

You might find a few with m.2 and 2.5" SATA...

Could you possibly recommend maybe 2-3 laptops i should take a peak at?

My requirements for a laptop are not the same as yours, so I haven't ever looked specifically for what you're looking for.
You'll need to do your own research or wait for someone who has researched the same product as you...

Has anybody got any further recommendations for me? Im thinking something either MSI or Alienware. But I'm fond of my Lenovo's. If anyone can comment with some model numbers that i can mackintosh it would be much appreciated....

I'm using a fully functional Alienware 13r3 (Skylake) with 16GB ddr4 ram. I've configured it with a $12 external wifi usb. I have a 256GB SanDisk SSD for mac and a 256GB Toshiba SSD for windows. Only kinks I'm working on is battery drain and fully functional mouse gestures (3 & 4 touch gestures). Scrolling works fine. Mac doesn't interfere with windows and the battery on windows is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back