Contribute
Register

Can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Envy << need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
I just installed Mavericks on to a Gigabyte Z77X UD5H...

After a LOT of trial and error, I finally got the machine to boot

However, I have noticed that if I try to start the computer with something plugged in to the front USB or the front headphone port, it will not boot. I get this on the screen

http://i.stack.imgur.com/y8ULs.jpg

I have created my own DSDT using mac IASL, following numerous guides and have it in the correct folder in the clover EFI partition

I am not sure my p-list config file is correct however and wonder if this may be causing the problem

The computer will boot if nothing is plugged in to the front

other info if it is useful - i am using the internal graphics. intel 3770, 32gb ram bios f16 from tweaktown per the recommendation in ultrazone's guide for this MB

if anyone has any suggestions on a fix for this, i would be most grateful

Is this a usb3 port.? Have you installed any usb3 kexts?

yes, it is a USB 3 port
i installed the rehabman universal kext per all the recommendations i read in many guides

for audio i had to install voodoo...i couldn't get any sound when i tried to install the 898 kext

everything works fine when the computer is up and running

what i don't understand is why the computer will not boot if i have something plugged in to the usb port and/or the headphone output port on the front

i think it is something to do with how i have made the config.plist, but i don't 'know' for sure

Please add " -v " in the boot arguements on the config plist in order to see where it crashes and report back. Also dont forget to check in bios that you have set this hdd to boot from and not the flash drive.

thanks fotiskam

i am out of town at the moment, i will try as you suggest when i get back

a quick update

im not sure whats going on...

the computer seems to boot OK 9/10 times...even if there is something plugged in to the USB port or headphone socket

but, its still refusing to boot approx 1/10

because of this, i have not been able to capture anything from a verbose mode boot...sorry

not sure what else to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back