Contribute
Register

can a native wifi card cause booting issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
p8h67-m pro
CPU
intel i7 2600
Graphics
intel graphics
TLDR: stuck on apple logo with WTXUP BCM94360CD, boots fine with FENVI T919

I've been thorugh 4 configurations since, after succesfully installing, I always ended up with my system getting stuck on the apple logo (also verbose never threw any error and each time it was stuck stuck on a different line).

on my last efi I used the debug opencore, first thing I did was disabling wifi (by complete chance since it was due to icloud error after changing serial and didnt want to bother relogging until i checked the system was stable). I did more than a dozen restarts and cold boots, worked like a charm; next step was switching to release and cleaning up, minor issues arose but I found help and now the plist is ocvalidaded without errors.

However after re-enabling wifi to re-login on icloud on the second boot I got the same issue of getting stuck on apple logo (btw it boots successfully like 1/5 times), so what I did was restarting until it successfully booted, disable wifi and do restarts: worked fine again. went re-enable wifi and it froze the system...

card in question is WTXUP BCM94360CD, since I also ordered a FENVI T919 (same chipset different brand) and it arrived the other day after being shipped from china, I swapped the card and it works fine, now i've done a dozen restarts, and the efi is the same, and it hasnt given me any issues whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back