i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been trying to figure out what's the culprit here. When I tested my macbook pro with Facebook video on same network, it performed flawlessly. However, when I used my hackintosh desktop with all its might and power, it doesn't do the job well. Is there a certain setting that I need to adjust in Hackintosh or Clover to make it better for Facebook video chat, and other similar items?

I think there's a "middleman" issue between the camera and Hackintosh system somehow for browsers. When I use an app that connects directly with the camera (such as quicktime) or video relay service program, no problem there. It only happens when I use the browser that it becomes so choppy that i have to resort to my macbook pro to chat.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Matt

I have been trying to figure out what's the culprit here. When I tested my macbook pro with Facebook video on same network, it performed flawlessly. However, when I used my hackintosh desktop with all its might and power, it doesn't do the job well. Is there a certain setting that I need to adjust in Hackintosh or Clover to make it better for Facebook video chat, and other similar items?

I think there's a "middleman" issue between the camera and Hackintosh system somehow for browsers. When I use an app that connects directly with the camera (such as quicktime) or video relay service program, no problem there. It only happens when I use the browser that it becomes so choppy that i have to resort to my macbook pro to chat.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Matt

Which browser and camera? I use Google Meet with Chrome/Chromium several times a day without any issue. I've also used FB messenger and haven't had a problem.

FWIW, I am using a Logitech c925e and if I install the Camera Settings app from Logitech it crashes constantly. Works fine without it and I have no need to adjust any of the settings.

Which browser and camera? I use Google Meet with Chrome/Chromium several times a day without any issue. I've also used FB messenger and haven't had a problem.

FWIW, I am using a Logitech c925e and if I install the Camera Settings app from Logitech it crashes constantly. Works fine without it and I have no need to adjust any of the settings.
I use Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 and mainly Chrome browser.

I checked the apps and system preferences to see if Logitech Camera Settings app was installed. Thus far, I don't see anything pointing that I did install it. My hackintosh has been updated several times since Yosemite so I don't know if that app is hidden somewhere or I never installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back