Graphics
gtx650
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have one of these cams as recommended, all perfect except in facetime audio always defaults to internal microphone, it is set correctly in system sound preferences and works ok with every other app, trouble is if i set facetime to "unknown usb audio device" it works while im in FaceTime but after coming out of it, waiting a few minutes and then running it again i find it has defaulted back to internal microphone, does anyone know how to force it to stay that way so that i dont have to select it manually every time i use facetime, A lot of posts i have found say its related to whats set in sound preferences, but mines is correct in that respect, and audio just works if recording video with Photo Booth.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

I have a similar issue. Except that my issue is with Skype.
For some reason the video comes on, but the audio is disabled. All the system settings are correct (i.e. Unknown Device). We have to insert another USB mic to "wake up" the Logitech mic.

Sometimes the system is working perfectly in the morning, and then after sitting around idle for a few hours, the audio will stop working. So it's not like it doesn't work at all... Could there be some issues with RealTek audio drivers on the MOBO?

Gigabyte Q77M-D2H
Intel i3
16GB RAM

Thanks in advance.

Hi, had a very similar problem with ML 10.8.3, Skype Version 6.1.0.2295. Sometimes no video, but generally no microphone input of the C270-webcam when trying to communicate with Skype. Perhaps someone helps this:

- my webcam C270 was connected over a usb-hub with the MAC, a direct connection solved the sound/video-problems with Skype and Photo Booth
- also take a single usb-port (normally the usb-ports are organized in pairs) and leave the other port disconnected, because ...
- the power consumption of a C270-webcam can be up to 500 mA, and that means the whole power of this USB-port is used (information from Logitech-support Germany)
- the Logitech-support (very friendly and helpful guys) told me also that a functionality over an usb-hub is not guaranteed (out of specifications)

it is O.K. now, working well ...

correction 24.05.2012:
the no more working microphone has to do with the sleep mode and the wake up-process. After the wake-up I have to change the input port in preferences - audio to another port and then back again, then it is working correctly in addition with reconnecting the camera again.

new informations for Logitech C270, my experience is updated 06-21-2013:

- this camera has problems with the microphone port and skype all versions since 2012 (at the moment version 6.5.0.433), this issue is not yet solved, but the camera seems to be responsible for loosing the microphone port (Skype-partner does not hear anything). Logitech tells you it is compatible with a MAC, but in reality it is not. But that is my experience, I can only explain my problems in that case ...
- if the the Skype-partner does not hear anything go to your sytem - preferences - sound and change to another input device and back again to to the camera microphone (unknown usb device), normally it should solve the problem. But also reboot and reconecting the usb-camera are possible ways to let the camera work.
- the problem is really annoying, so I bought a Logitech C525 camera. This camera works fine, without theses microphone-problems, video quality is the same, but with a better autofocus (3 inch distance is possible to show details). But the Logitech-webpage tells nothing about the compatibility of this camera, but other users told about positive results with a hackintosh system.
- I wrote an email to Logitech-support, I hope they will answer, I´ll report more ...
- if you have similar problems with a C270-webcam, buy another model ... Logitech offers a bunch of models compatible with MAC

Best regards, Kai

Hi paken99,

meanwhile I bought a Logitech C525 that works fine out of box (video/microphone is excellent), no problems any more. The C270 microphone problems were also with 10.8.4 not solved.

best regards, Kai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back