Contribute
Register

Buying this tomorrow if everything is compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 4G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi
Tomorrow I will be buying this machine for myself if everything is compatible. As far as I can tell it should be, but I would like to be 100% sure.
Parts:

Cpu: i5-4690k Devils Canyon
Cpu-cooler: Coolermaster hyper 212 EVO
GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
PSU: Corsair RM750W
Mobo: GIGABYTE-GA-Z97X-Gaming-5
Case: NZXT-H440
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB
RAM: Kingston HyperX PnP DDR3-1600 DC 2x4GB or Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-1600 DC 2x4GB

Anything that I should be aware of with this build?
This is for the latest Yosemite using Clover

Looks very close to the parts list I posted last week for my build. Waiting for the rest of the parts to show up (today!) so I can get started. Out of curiosity, do you know of a how-to for the Clover Yosemite install? I'm going to be dual-booting OSX/Win8 off the SSD, and would rather skip days' worth of trail and error. :crazy:

Looks very close to the parts list I posted last week for my build. Waiting for the rest of the parts to show up (today!) so I can get started. Out of curiosity, do you know of a how-to for the Clover Yosemite install? I'm going to be dual-booting OSX/Win8 off the SSD, and would rather skip days' worth of trail and error. :crazy:

I'm just planning on using the guide posted here, as I've never done this before.. Just got done building it, installing windows on one of the SSD's now, OSX will have to wait till tomorrow :)

http://i.imgur.com/bVHPdyl.jpg

Attachments

• bVHPdyl.jpg
    bVHPdyl.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 65
Then we're in the same boat. Although mine has sprung a leak. I forgot to put the PSU in the cart when I bought parts (online) Sunday. :oops:

I'd personally go with a better HSF. Maybe Scythe Kotetsu or Noctua NH-U12S or NH-U14S, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back