Contribute
Register

Buying OSX Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoKsTaR said:
which means since she already has it, I have to go in-store and buy the usb osx...correct?

To "legally" buy it maybe.. But if Lion came pre-installed on the machine, I'd be surprised if you couldn't do it again from your itunes account. If you already have a SL install you could DL it from there too.

Yeah, just the one machine with lion; I'll see what happens. i have no problem buying it, I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this.

Yes you can download OSX Lion on a mac that already has it installed and use it to create a UniBeast install usb. I did it using my roommates macbook, though I used my own apple ID to legally purchase it instead of just re-downloading his already paid for copy of Lion.

yeah, that's what I was gonna try. i don't want to screw with my wife's imac so I'll buy my own copy ;)

P.S. If I don't post back in the next few days, it's because I ruined my wife's imac and she killed me :p

P.S.S. It worked out fine and I downloaded it from my apple account. Used unibeast to install on a cheapo Kingston data traveler :) My wife is none the wiser that i even touched her precious imac :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back