Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Basically I do video editing, and a lot of animation / stuff that needs rendering in Adobe After Effects. Trying to make a desktop that will have way more than enough power but hoping that building it myself will make it a lot cheaper than a mac pro. Want this to be pretty upgraded so it will still mean something after ten years in this fast evolving tech world.

Here is my entire list. If there is anyway to lessen price without sacrificing too much quality I am open to ideas. Trying to pull it down closer to like $700 or so. Also would this build work?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

RAM
CORSAIR XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX16GX3M4A1333C9

Graphics Card
EVGA 02G-P3-1559-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Harddrive
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - OEM

Case
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Optical Drive

All and any help appreciated.

I would like to hear about how compatible this is, as it looks like a better option than the CustoMac build #4 (Correct me if I am wrong)

yea I mean the graphics card is the only thing I haven't really figured out how to measure as far as performance. Last night I was doing some searching and was thinking about downgrading the motherboard to:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68

I still get four ports for RAM and the one originally posted was saying that a 2600k processor (like the sandy bridge) wouldn't make use of its full potential. Just heard that from the video on newegg.

Streetlight said:
I would like to hear about how compatible this is, as it looks like a better option than the CustoMac build #4 (Correct me if I am wrong)

I'm not sure if it's better but I started by pulling some stuff from the #4 and #3 build. I knew I wanted the i7 and 16GB of memory. The only thing I'm not sure about is the graphics card and potentially which motherboard I would need.

But price wise the build I posted was at around $1,000 so I guess it better in regards to price.

I'm not following what you mean...

I've been playing around with this build so much I'm gonna come back when I compatibilities better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back