Contribute
Register

Buying guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a very strong mac, but silent and looks good.

Any suggestions on what parts to get?
first time building

budget 5-7k

I want a very strong mac, but silent and looks good.

Any suggestions on what parts to get?
first time building

budget 5-7k

If I had a 5-7 thousand dollar budget I'd be buying an iMac Pro this December. If you do want a Hackintosh though it's difficult to spend that much cash on anything in the current Buyer's Guide. What is that you will be using this machine for ?

Here's an example of how much you'd spend on a high end version of the CustoMac Pro. Cost under $2,400. You could spend more by getting a larger SSD, a more expensive motherboard etc. but those upgrades may not be useful to you. You probably woudln't even need a graphics card that powerful unless you were either gaming in 4K or working with 4K video professionally.

Screen Shot.jpg

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Here's an example of how much you'd spend on a high end version of the CustoMac Pro. Cost under $2,400. You could spend more by getting a larger SSD, a more expensive motherboard etc. but those upgrades may not be useful to you. You probably woudln't even need a graphics card that powerful unless you were either gaming in 4K or working with 4K video professionally.

View attachment 289683

View attachment 289684

Thanks thats what i needed,

Yeah i want a graphics card that can handle 4k.
The one you suggested would have no problem viewing 4k right?

Thanks for your help, i saw the guide of the customac pro, but didnt know which one were the best.

Just want parts that are the best and wont have issues installing OS on it. :D

The OP didn't mention having a monitor which could be $200-$10k+.

Thanks thats what i needed,

Yeah i want a graphics card that can handle 4k.
The one you suggested would have no problem viewing 4k right?

Thanks for your help, i saw the guide of the customac pro, but didnt know which one were the best.

Just want parts that are the best and wont have issues installing OS on it. :D

If you do go with an NVME boot drive then you'd want to install High Sierra as that has native support for NVME drives. Most any new Pascal based graphics card from a 1050 on up with a Display Port output will let you view 4K content. You'd only need a 1080 Ti for 4K gaming or video editing. If you won't do either of those then get a GTX 1070.

If you do go with an NVME boot drive then you'd want to install High Sierra as that has native support for NVME drives. Most any new Pascal based graphics card from a 1050 on up with a Display Port output will let you view 4K content. You'd only need a 1080 Ti for 4K gaming or video editing. If you won't do either of those then get a GTX 1070.

I will be doing at least one if not both, if so which should i get?

Edit: didnt read properly, sorry, ill get the 1080 TI
The other hardware you suggested are the best/ high end, ones?

As for the monitor ill do research on that and get one, mostly asking for the other hardware.

come back in may and ask again.
waste of time and money suggesting/buying parts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back