Contribute
Register

Buying Advice: Just a quick checkup please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I mostly stuck to the recommended hardware, apart from slight deviations to allow for the small case size.

Would you kindly have a look at my build and see if that's doable without too much of a headache?

Here we go:

- base Macbook Pro 13, 2015 Retina to get the OS
- Intel i5-7600 185 Euro used
- Gigabyte H270n-wifi 130 Euro new
- MSI Gefore GTX 1050 ti Low Profile, 4 GB 145 Euro used
- Silverstone ML06B-E 75 Euro Amazon warehouse deals
- Samsung Evo 950 m.2 512 GB 150 Euro used
- 1x 8 GB Crucial RAM DDR4, 60 Euro
- Corsair SF450 (modular, 80 plus gold) 89 Euro

689 Euro, 7.1l

Please check out the case before you comment on compatibility, this case requires a low profile GPU, hence I'm going with the MSI and not the Gigabyte. That's my biggest worry, will that be problematic?

Thanks for your help!

If the case can accommodate a double wide video card, you should be fine.

All the other components seem fine and installing macOS shouldn't be a problem.

I remember reading that it is recommended that you get 2 sticks of RAM. OS X operates better on Dual Channel. So maybe 2x4GB? Unless you plan to upgrade in the very near future. The Samsung 950 Pro is an NVMe drive and I believe those still need patching. Not sure if they are native on Sierra 12.6. The stock WiFi card in the motherboard is not compatible and will need to be replaced if you want WiFi. Hope this helps. Nice case. I was looking at that case at one point but I wanted a stronger GPU.

Thank you so much for your reply, guys!

Are m.2 SSDs per definition NVME and therefore not recommended?
For space saving reasons, and also because of speed, I'd love to use the m.2 slot for my OSX SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back