Contribute
Register

Buying Advice For Video Editing Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
dadkid712 and golfleep did you guys setup the EFI partition?

rwillett - about turning off internal graphics for FCPX - did you do that in BIOS? I've read in your other posts, you use Clover, I do as well. Do you turn off Intel graphics in your config.plist as well?

Thanks!
For some reason I never got the email for this. Just for the record you turn off the Intel Graphics in the BIOS. No idea about config.plists as I never touch them.

Rob

dadkid712 and golfleep did you guys setup the EFI partition?

You MUST set up the EFI partition if you want to boot the 280X from the hard disk. You can get away with booting from a USB key bit otherwise you need the EFI mod. Its pretty simple, the instructions are spot on, no vagueness, simply cut and paste if you're not a UNIX expert. 10-15 mins max.

Rob

You MUST set up the EFI partition if you want to boot the 280X from the hard disk. You can get away with booting from a USB key bit otherwise you need the EFI mod. Its pretty simple, the instructions are spot on, no vagueness, simply cut and paste if you're not a UNIX expert. 10-15 mins max.

Rob

thank you rwillet,where is the tutorial to do the EFI mod setup?

I'm going to use chimera/multibeast,Clover is a bit tricky to me.,thank you for reply.

one more question after i do the EFI partition setup i need to do something else to install or boot from Yosemite with the R9 280X video card?

I'm going to use chimera/multibeast,Clover is a bit tricky to me.,thank you for reply.

one more question after i do the EFI partition setup i need to do something else to install or boot from Yosemite with the R9 280X video card?

I would use Clover, the install is actually pretty simple and as I recall I didn't do anything. Its not much more difficult than Multibeast but IMO is a lot more stable. I wouldn't go back to the Multibeast.

After you have done the EFI mod just reboot and its all done. Its pretty simple, read the instructions and follow them. They work.

Rob

I would use Clover, the install is actually pretty simple and as I recall I didn't do anything. Its not much more difficult than Multibeast but IMO is a lot more stable. I wouldn't go back to the Multibeast.

After you have done the EFI mod just reboot and its all done. Its pretty simple, read the instructions and follow them. They work.

Rob

the thing is that i don't have time to messing around with clover,i need to finish my build before saturday because i need to finish some video projects with final cut,maybe in another build i can start working with clover.

ok rwillett i went to the store to buy all the hardware for my new build i will using the GA-Z97X-UD5H motherboard,one question where i can find the driver for audio/network,also is better to install yosemite with unibeast and then use clover to install drivers?or i follow tonymac "install yosemite with clover tutorial"?i need you help with this build bro,thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back