Contribute
Register

Buying Advance fo internarl Ethernet Lan Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too bad the Rosewill RC-401-EX was discontinued, it uses the same Marvell Yukon chipset (works OOB without any extra drivers) as the Sonnet cards, but at 1/4 the price when it was available.

Best hardware always seems to be discontinued.

If anyone knows of a Ethernet card that's OOB = (Out Of the Box) I think it would be nice if it was on this forum under a list that requires no additional (kext injection). If anyone agrees with me?

I think this has been replaced by newer model
Sonnet GE1000LAB-E Presto PCIe Pro Network adapter PCI Express 2.0 x1 Gigabit Ethernet

Oks, guys 10x for the advices.

I choose this one Netis Gigabit Ethernet PCI-E Adapter AD 1103, best solution comparing cost - possibilities.
Every option runs fine.

I installed it it with the latest drivers from Multibeast. I had little trouble too with it.
For some unknown reason after the 3rd reboot/shutdown, the system didn't want to boot from HD. For some unknown reasons, the system stocked on Ibluetooth controller. I reinstalled completely the system, this time with internet connection ( before that I choose option this mac don't have an internet connection) and clover loads the multibeasts drivers, now everything works fine, did over 30 restarts and shutdown to test.... no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back