GA-P55-UD3L rev 2.3, socket LGA 1156, 16 GB DDR3
CPU
Intel Core I7 860 @t 2.93 MgHz
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 GV-N75TOC-2GI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,
I need an advice for buying a new Ethernet card. I had no trouble with my onboard Lan card on Yosemite 10.10.5, but before 2 weeks my power suplay burned and since than seems my onboard ethernet now works properly, after buying new power suply.
The onboard lan card is not always recognized in bios ( mac adress), running the onboard smart lan test the results are not always the same. Windows do not recognize the card too...The onboard audio don't work after that electric fail too. I dont care for the audio, cause I am using external usb audio interface. The other hardware is healthy not damaged.
The onboard lan and audio are not detected anymore under 10.10.5 and under 10.11.6. Before the electric fail they worked without problem under under 10.10.5
Curently I am running 10.11.6 and deleted yosemite from my system, and my computer does not have internet connection.
I looked for working Ethernet card on the forum and found as a solution, the sonnet devices. I am wondering which device should I buy? The http://www.sonnettech.com/product/prestogigpciepro.html or the http://www.sonnettech.com/product/prestogigpro.html ? I never testet devices on my PCIE slot, on my PCI slot USB device works fine.

10x in advance !

Hello guys,
I need an advice for buying a new Ethernet card. I had no trouble with my onboard Lan card on Yosemite 10.10.5, but before 2 weeks my power suplay burned and since than seems my onboard ethernet now works properly, after buying new power suply.
The onboard lan card is not always recognized in bios ( mac adress), running the onboard smart lan test the results are not always the same. Windows do not recognize the card too...The onboard audio don't work after that electric fail too. I dont care for the audio, cause I am using external usb audio interface. The other hardware is healthy not damaged.
The onboard lan and audio are not detected anymore under 10.10.5 and under 10.11.6. Before the electric fail they worked without problem under under 10.10.5
Curently I am running 10.11.6 and deleted yosemite from my system, and my computer does not have internet connection.
I looked for working Ethernet card on the forum and found as a solution, the sonnet devices. I am wondering which device should I buy? The http://www.sonnettech.com/product/prestogigpciepro.html or the http://www.sonnettech.com/product/prestogigpro.html ? I never testet devices on my PCIE slot, on my PCI slot USB device works fine.

10x in advance !

Sonnet cards will work, but they're expensive. If you want something lower cost, look for one of these options:

TP-Link TG-3269 (Realtek chipset)
Netis AD-1103 (Realtek chipset)
TrendNet TEG-ECTX (Realtek chipset)
Startech ST1000SPEX2 (Realtek chipset)

There are also quite a few with an Intel chipset that will work, but I don't know any specific model numbers.

I would personally only buy a decent Intel card. Most Realtek cards offload some of their work to the CPU whilst Intel cards have their own little processor to handle network traffic.

We use the Intel Pro 1000 cards (or a motherboard with the Intel chipset) and find them rock solid, we sometimes move TB's/day through them, though most days is 10xGB's.

You pay your money and take your choice, though for $40 or so, its a non-brainer.

Rob

Hello guys,

10x in advance !

Sonnet cards will work, but they're expensive. If you want something lower cost, look for one of these options:

TP-Link TG-3269 (Realtek chipset)
Netis AD-1103 (Realtek chipset)
TrendNet TEG-ECTX (Realtek chipset)
Startech ST1000SPEX2 (Realtek chipset)

There are also quite a few with an Intel chipset that will work, but I don't know any specific model numbers.

10x for the answer man !

Yes, sonnet devices are not cheap. However, it doesen't matter which one from these 4 cheaper card I choose, all should work right, with realtek drivers from Multibeast or plug and play?

Last edited:
I would personally only buy a decent Intel card. Most Realtek cards offload some of their work to the CPU whilst Intel cards have their own little processor to handle network traffic.

We use the Intel Pro 1000 cards (or a motherboard with the Intel chipset) and find them rock solid, we sometimes move TB's/day through them, though most days is 10xGB's.

You pay your money and take your choice, though for $40 or so, its a non-brainer.

Rob

Can advice for me for a model proven to work ?

Sonnet card user here, running 5 years now. Always works 100% out of the box, (since the days of OSX Snow Leopard) without any additional kext or 3rd-party kext installed. Currently running El Cap. Didn't do anything special either, it just works after the usual OSX installation.

Sonnet card user here, running 5 years now. Always works 100% out of the box, (since the days of OSX Snow Leopard) without any additional kext or 3rd-party kext installed. Currently running El Cap. Didn't do anything special either, it just works after the usual OSX installation.

Which model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back