CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last time I built a hackintosh, about seven years ago, TonyMac released monthly updated Buyer’s Guides. It appears that now it’s just an updated list. That’s fine, but when I look at the Buyer’s Guide for the CustoMac Mini Deluxe, many of the suggested hardware components are out of stock on both Amazon and Newegg. This makes me nervous that I’m buying outdated hardware. Is there something I’m missing? I’m someone that’s just looking to order the latest hardware that’s supported to build an updated machine. I’m not looking to do anything experimental, but I also don’t want to buy hardware that’s old.

Thanks in advance!

We're updating/editing as I write this. The Z/H390 motherboards and i3/i5/i7/i9-9900 processors are now able to run macOS Mojave.

Hey, that’s great news! Thanks a bunch. I’ll make be sure to use the referral links to support the site.

Last time I built a hackintosh, about seven years ago, TonyMac released monthly updated Buyer’s Guides. It appears that now it’s just an updated list. That’s fine, but when I look at the Buyer’s Guide for the CustoMac Mini Deluxe, many of the suggested hardware components are out of stock on both Amazon and Newegg. This makes me nervous that I’m buying outdated hardware. Is there something I’m missing? I’m someone that’s just looking to order the latest hardware that’s supported to build an updated machine. I’m not looking to do anything experimental, but I also don’t want to buy hardware that’s old.

Thanks in advance!

I am sure you can understand this, but anyway, new hardware needs to be checked by somebody to see if they are able to successfully install and run MacOS, and it has only recently been confirmed that the new Z390 motherboards and the new 9th generation CPUs are indeed able to run Mojave. That's probably why the Buyer's Guide was not updated before.

That's also probably why the X299 motherboards and corresponding CPUs are not listed, even though they are current hardware, as they seem to be quite problematic with MacOS.

I am sure you can understand this, but anyway, new hardware needs to be checked by somebody to see if they are able to successfully install and run MacOS, and it has only recently been confirmed that the new Z390 motherboards and the new 9th generation CPUs are indeed able to run Mojave. That's probably why the Buyer's Guide was not updated before.

That's also probably why the X299 motherboards and corresponding CPUs are not listed, even though they are current hardware, as they seem to be quite problematic with MacOS.

I totally understand that. To be honest, I’m so out of the loop, that I didn’t even know there was new hardware. I just visited the site because my five year old build is dragging and I want to build a new one with my son. So it wasn’t even that the hardware was old, just that it was out of stock. :)

I appreciate the testing and community here as well as the buyer’s guide. It’s really helpful for occasional builders like myself. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back