Contribute
Register

Buy Mac OSX now and build later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is right. i'm not in a hurry. My Pc is now two years old that means it will be wok with SL. For shure i have check once again the specification. But this is in the moment the reason why i will buy the SL DVD instead of Mountain Lion.
At least this are 20 bucks and if i want to build up a real new one then i can downloaded in this moment the new OS.

if the specification will be fine i go to SL.

regards,

waldemaR

Yes it is right. i'm not in a hurry. My Pc is now two years old that means it will be wok with SL. For shure i have check once again the specification. But this is in the moment the reason why i will buy the SL DVD instead of Mountain Lion.
At least this are 20 bucks and if i want to build up a real new one then i can downloaded in this moment the new OS.

if the specification will be fine i go to SL.

regards,

waldemaR

Your PC may be two years old but it may not be fully compatible with Snow Leopard (your video card for example). You have not given a hardware specification of your PC so we have no way to determine whether it is fully compatible with Snow Leopard.

Dear Jamesbond007,

sorry for the late reponse. I have checked now the specifications and yes you are right the video card that i have not fit!
i don't know in the moment if i will look for a video card that will work with!
The point is that i'm really interested to build a hackmac but in the moment i don't won't to spend so much money for a new one.

regards,

waldemaR

dear james bond,

sorry i come very late once again to this thread. i had no time.
i'm thinking it is possible to make a hackmack, i'm not shure, i don't find the vidoecard.
if yes, i would start with this to get run and see how it works. if this will be to slow i can build with new parts.
my suggestion for a mac is only to work with music software ( ableton, renoise, usine ) with an external audio device.

i think the important question was the motherboard and the videocard:
motherboard: ASUS P7P55d
vidoecard: ATI Radeon HD 5700

thank you for you an answer

regards,

waldemaR

dear james bond,

sorry i come very late once again to this thread. i had no time.
i'm thinking it is possible to make a hackmack, i'm not shure, i don't find the vidoecard.
if yes, i would start with this to get run and see how it works. if this will be to slow i can build with new parts.
my suggestion for a mac is only to work with music software ( ableton, renoise, usine ) with an external audio device.

i think the important question was the motherboard and the videocard:
motherboard: ASUS P7P55d
vidoecard: ATI Radeon HD 5700

thank you for you an answer

regards,

waldemaR

Mainboard is socket 1156 and there is a DSDT available in the forum DSDT database for BIOS version 2003.
GFX card HD5700 is supported in SL 10.6.7 /10.6.8

You can buy Snow Leopard disc now and install any time you want. Boot with iBoot earlier version 1.0 or 2.0 or maybe 3.0 - these were the ones that were booting for install to 1156 boards.

dear keep right,

thank you for the fast response. i question more, i forgot to ask.
it is possible also to install mountain lion, for me it is not clear.

thank you for an answer once again.

regards,

waldemaR

dear keep right,

thank you for the fast response. i question more, i forgot to ask.
it is possible also to install mountain lion, for me it is not clear.

thank you for an answer once again.

regards,

waldemaR

Install Snow Leopard first, then update to 10.6.8 to get the app store application. Use app store to purchase/download Mountain Lion (Lion is no longer sold, although you might try calling Apple support and requesting the Lion USB installer or a download link for the Install Lion app.) then use UniBeast to create the USB installer and install..

dear keep right,

thank you for the fast response once again. maybe i write my last question wrong.
i mean it is also possible to install mountain lion directly without install snow leopard?

thank you for an answer

regards,

waldemaR

dear keep right,

thank you for the fast response once again. maybe i write my last question wrong.
i mean it is also possible to install mountain lion directly without install snow leopard?

thank you for an answer

regards,

waldemaR

Only if you have a Mac or a PC-Mac available to download the Mountain Lion install app and to create your UniBeast USB installer. SL is only needed to get the App Store application with the 10.6.8 update so you can download the ML install app. If you have a Mac available, SL is not needed.

dear going bald,

sorry i make a mistsake with your name.
thank you once again for the fast response.

not that i bomb you with question, but this is not 100% clear for me. need i really the dsdt files?
i mean i only want to work i lke a daw ( ableton, renoise, usine ) with the hack, i will use an external soundcard + an external firewire card, siig firewire 800 card nn-e38012-s3.
once i have only connect this to the internet for registration but i can doit also offline.

thank you once again for your help and feedback.

regards,

waldemaR
[h=1][/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back