Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Built in speakers not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty bad when it comes to coding but I'll give it a shot later and update here if that works.

I think I found what the problem is. None of the ACPI hotpatches are working, including HDAS -> HDEF. Can you tell if there's anything wrong with my config?

Edit: Nevermind that patch is working, it's the EC patch that isn't.

I think I found what the problem is. None of the ACPI hotpatches are working, including HDAS -> HDEF. Can you tell if there's anything wrong with my config?

Edit: Nevermind that patch is working, it's the EC patch that isn't.

What "EC" patch are you referring to?

H_EC to -> EC. I just realized that clover is disabling it by default so I have to go to options and enable it on every boot. I removed the other EC patches (ECDV and EC0) in my config file since I posted it.

Also IOREG lists the layout-id as "c", no matter what number I put in my config file. I'm not sure if this is the number that's supposed to be getting changed or not.

Also IOREG lists the layout-id as "c", no matter what number I put in my config file. I'm not sure if this is the number that's supposed to be getting changed or not.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Here are the files. There's a two config files there. I'm using the one that's just called config.plist.

Attachments

• debug_27475.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 45
Here are the files.

Your ioreg shows you're injecting layout-id 0x63 (99).
It matches your setting in config.plist/Audio/Inject.

There's a two config files there. I'm using the one that's just called config.plist.

That's good (using config.plist), as that is the only one Clover will read properly.

I resolved the issue. I was creating the layout for my laptop when I noticed that it was the exact same as layout 21 for alc298. I tried using the alcid=21 boot flag instead of injecting a layout id in my config file and it worked. I'm not sure what the difference is but this fixed the issue for me.

Hi quick question. So all you did was set bootflag in config.plist and it worked? Anything else. I’m getting error with no audio from speaker, but device is enabled. Headphones work fine. Issue occurred when booting from WIN10 to macOS 10.15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back