Intel core i3 5010u
Graphics
HD5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

So i have been researching Hackintosh builds for quite a while now, and finally decided to give it a go.
Found some parts that i would think are OK but I want an opinion from you people, if this is a good starters build.

Intel - Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor]
ASRock - Z77E-ITX Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard
Corsair - 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory]

I can probably get all these parts for 110euros or less.
Now I found posts for the motherboards for Mountain Lion but it got me thinking, can I run El Capitan or Sierra on this?
I also found a guide with the same motherboard and all the drivers and modded things to get it running mountain lion but its pretty outdated(2013)

If these are all compatible and fairly easy to install macOS on, I only need a case PSU and a AMD GPU. and a small SSD

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that hardware can run macOS Sierra. You would need a compatible graphics card. There are more usable choices with Nvidia cards but some AMD cards will also work. Do some research on that topic before buying.

Yes, that hardware can run macOS Sierra. You would need a compatible graphics card. There are more usable choices with Nvidia cards but some AMD cards will also work. Do some research on that topic before buying.
Oh really?
I thought that AMD GPU were widely supported and Nvidia werent.

Do you know a guide for my build? or is it the same as this one: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/1682kk/z77eitx_2500k_installation_guide_1068_1082/

As you mentioned there are only older Mt. Lion guides for that board. To install Sierra you'll want to boot UEFI and not legacy. Asrock Z77 is not the most compatible choice but you should be able to get it working with some effort and research.

As you mentioned there are only older Mt. Lion guides for that board. To install Sierra you'll want to boot UEFI and not legacy. Asrock Z77 is not the most compatible choice but you should be able to get it working with some effort and research.
Ah i see, and what about the MSI Z77IA-E53 or Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H.
I can get those for roughly the same price.
Someone recommended Gigabyte MB because its more widely compatible.

Ah i see, and what about the MSI Z77IA-E53 or Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H.
I can get those for roughly the same price.
Someone recommended Gigabyte MB because its more widely compatible.

Look for a User Build or desktop guide to follow for the board you want. Then make your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back