Building my first Hackintosh/Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 680 (cooled by Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo II)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Hackintoshers i wanna build my first Hackintosh! I have done my research, but i want to ask you guys is my System compatibly?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 (or EVGA GTX 670 FTW, if the 680 is not compatibly)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB
PSU: Corsair AX650W
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB (OS X Boot Drive)
HDD: Western Digital WD20EARX 2TB (2 Partition: First for OS X Stuff, Second for Windows)
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-7280S
Case: NZXT Phantom Big Tower White

What do you think? Thanks for answering!

Parts have passed the test.

Parts have passed the test.

Thank you :D

I am not sure about the GTX 680, because in the Forum there is often the GTX 670 mentioned, but the difference between these cards is only the clock speed, is that right? So ML this card should be good to go.

Yes, under ML 10.8 the card is good to go.

I am looking at almost exactly this build myself. The shop has two gtx 680 models, the OC and the SOC. Are they the same as regular 680s in terms of verified working or would the over clocking muck things up?

I am looking at almost exactly this build myself. The shop has two gtx 680 models, the OC and the SOC. Are they the same as regular 680s in terms of verified working or would the over clocking muck things up?

The overclocked models should work just as well as the standard model.

Thanks for that, mate. The parts should come in next week.

My build is

i7k
gb ud5h (up5th too hard to get)
2x 240gb ssd
1tb hdd
gtx 680 oc or soc
generic the rest

i did ask for 800w + psu because a long time ago i did blow 1 doing 3d modelling but i'm trying to conform as completely as locally possible to tony's build guides.

any advice, comments very welcome.

expect heaps of panic posts from me later.

Thanks for that, mate. The parts should come in next week.

My build is

i7k
gb ud5h (up5th too hard to get)
2x 240gb ssd
1tb hdd
gtx 680 oc or soc
generic the rest

i did ask for 800w + psu because a long time ago i did blow 1 doing 3d modelling but i'm trying to conform as completely as locally possible to tony's build guides.

Looks OK to me. For the power supply, google for psu calculator. There are lots of sights (newegg is one) where they have a form - you just select from a dropdown or fill in the box with your hardware and it will suggest a psu size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back