Contribute
Register

Building Mac Pro( HACK pro) first time, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ironguitar.

I would try to install some kind of windows distribution first. You don't have to enter a key - a test version would be fine.

So we can be absolutely sure that the error is software and not hardware. What BIOS version is on your board currently installed? It would be helpful if you download CPU-Z and post pictures of every section.

If windows runs smoothly on these components and the desired boot drive you should be good to go to wipe it again and begin setting up Mac OS.

Let me know if that went well for you so we can continue.

Can you please post pictures of your bios settings, i just can't find where can i turn off or on some required things ?

Hey ironguitar.

I would try to install some kind of windows distribution first. You don't have to enter a key - a test version would be fine.

So we can be absolutely sure that the error is software and not hardware. What BIOS version is on your board currently installed? It would be helpful if you download CPU-Z and post pictures of every section.

If windows runs smoothly on these components and the desired boot drive you should be good to go to wipe it again and begin setting up Mac OS.

Let me know if that went well for you so we can continue.

Can you please post pictures of your bios settings, i just can't find where can i turn off or on some required things ?

NOw i get stuck at 40% apple logo, and nothing happens, i can't install from USB cause same thing happens it gets stuck at 30-40% !

NOw i get stuck at 40% apple logo, and nothing happens, i can't install from USB cause same thing happens it gets stuck at 30-40% !

This is the method I used to install Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

Let's start with the BIOS.

Begin with Load Optimized Defaults in the section EXIT.

VT-d disabled
is in the section Advanced\System Agent Configuration\

After that press F10 for Save and Exit --> OK.

I don't think I had to change much more in the BIOS.

I had to use the following boot flags for the installation:

-v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1

After the installation I used the following boot flags: I still had to boot from the USB drive and selected my Macintosh HD to successfully move on. This needs to be done until you install the Chimera Bootloader via Multibeast.

-x maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1

After that I was able to install the following kexts via Multibeast.

Multibeast-Settings.png

In the new Multibeast you will probably find Kexts with a more up to date version. Just use the newer ones and it will be fine.

Restart

Now you should be able to boot from your actual boot drive - you can remove your USB stick now. Still use the following boot flags: -x maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1

After that I installed the NVIDIA Web Driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/89538/en-us

Restart

After that check your system preferences. In the section on the bottom of the window you will find NVIDIA Driver Manger. Check if the NVIDIA Web Driver is selected if not change it.

The last step is to change settings in the org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in the Extra folder on your system drive. Open it with TextEdit.

Search for the line: <key>Kernel Flags</key>

In the next line you will find something like that: <string></string>

Overwrite it with <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 -v</string>

Save your changes.

Restart

After that your Hackintosh should boot without any further input of boot flags.

This is the method I used to install Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

Let's start with the BIOS.

Begin with Load Optimized Defaults in the section EXIT.

VT-d disabled
is in the section Advanced\System Agent Configuration\

After that press F10 for Save and Exit --> OK.

I don't think I had to change much more in the BIOS.

I had to use the following boot flags for the installation:

-v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1

After the installation I used the following boot flags: I still had to boot from the USB drive and selected my Macintosh HD to successfully move on. This needs to be done until you install the Chimera Bootloader via Multibeast.

After that I was able to install the following kexts via Multibeast.

View attachment 157832

In the new Multibeast you will probably find Kexts with a more up to date version. Just use the newer ones and it will be fine.

Restart

Now you should be able to boot from your actual boot drive - you can remove your USB stick now. Still use the following boot flags: -x maxmem=4096 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 cpus=1

After that I installed the NVIDIA Web Driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/89538/en-us

Restart

After that check your system preferences. In the section on the bottom of the window you will find NVIDIA Driver Manger. Check if the NVIDIA Web Driver is selected if not change it.

The last step is to change settings in the org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in the Extra folder on your system drive. Open it with TextEdit.

Search for the line: <key>Kernel Flags</key>

In the next line you will find something like that: <string></string>

Overwrite it with <string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1 -v</string>

Save your changes.

Restart

After that your Hackintosh should boot without any further input of boot flags.

i'll try that later when i get home, i did install yosemite, but it kinda works slow, i'm not using graphic card for now, i'm going on HDMI on MBO-could there be some problems ? thanks ;)

i'll try that later when i get home, i did install yosemite, but it kinda works slow, i'm not using graphic card for now, i'm going on HDMI on MBO-could there be some problems ? thanks ;)
Please post further installation problems in the proper forum. This is buying advice and your last few post have nothing to do with buying - installation and support do not belong here.
TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back