Contribute
Register

Building for Pro Tools HD PCI a must

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Pro Tools user for over 10 years. I've not run into that error. After doing some research my advice is to double check the Pro Tools requirements for the system. What I have found is if the computer system is running perfectly, and it meets Pro Tools compliance, then Pro Tools runs smoothly. This maybe an obvious piece of advice but fixing the dae 6042 can be like finding a needle in a hay stack. One thing I found in building my system was I needed the correct OS for my motherboard. I didn't realize that my mother board was built for mountain Lion. Once I installed the correct OS, everything booted properly and Pro Tools has been working perfectly. No problems at all. The people in the chat room helped to identify the OS issue for me. They are a bit rude and abusive, but the do know what they are talking about.

A couple of thoughts:
Check the OS for your system.
If your system is running perfectly, try taking out the accel card and see how Pro Tools runs on the just the core card.
Clean install Pro Tools

Good luck. If I hear of anything more, I'll post it.

Can you share your build?

I built an 1156 based system a few years ago and its still going strong, PTHD3. (knock on wood)

I understand your frustrations with some of the 'helpers' around here. They do expect you to read and try to find out things for yourself which im all for, but sometimes, you just need an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back