NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello i intend to build a hackintosh for music production
It is essential that is has a dual Thunderbolt working without problems.
What motherboard would you recomend for the most recent CPU (I7 6700?)
TB 3 is already tested? with success?
And with that in mind should i use Socket 1151? ou downgrade to socket 1150? for the dual TB 2 motherboards?

Thanks

I just successfully installed Sierra on my Gigabyte Designare Z170X mother board with no issues. My wi-fi card works but I have yet to test bluetooth and continuity. I just purchased a thunderbolt 3 adapter to work for my thunderbolt 2 to firewire adapter I used to connect my mbox pro 3 to my macbook pro.

Will let you know if I get it work. I believe I have to install windows on another ssd and activate the drivers that way to get mac os to read it.

Good luck!

I just successfully installed Sierra on my Gigabyte Designare Z170X mother board with no issues. My wi-fi card works but I have yet to test bluetooth and continuity. I just purchased a thunderbolt 3 adapter to work for my thunderbolt 2 to firewire adapter I used to connect my mbox pro 3 to my macbook pro.

Will let you know if I get it work. I believe I have to install windows on another ssd and activate the drivers that way to get mac os to read it.

Good luck!

Thanks
I will wait for your results

I am currently doing a build with the Designare Z170X board. If you could please offer some assistance that would be very helpful! Did you have any issues with audio? Are you using the onboard graphics or a separate card? Thanks!

EDIT: I should specify that I am also building for audio production and very system-intensive live music performance.

Last edited:
Hello. My apologies for no response. I am currently writing a guide on how I built my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back