Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
customacpro2.png

We're super excited about the new support for onboard Intel HD 3000 graphics in Lion introduced in Chimera 1.5! This means is that it's now possible to build a smoking fast Mini-ITX rig without the need for a power hungry, and expensive graphics card! It even has working HDMI Audio!

The CustoMac Mini 2011 prospective build is fully compatible with both the iBoot and xMove methods. It's got a pre-edited DSDT available in our DSDT Database for full optimization, and is compatible with the CustomBeast Project.

READ ON:

Building a Sandy Bridge CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2011
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... tomac.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tony, thanks for your work, In the DSDT patch is also included with HDMI? I built this computer I have to follow as a guide to install lion?

Would there be any issues with using the i5-2500K instead or would that be a waste? The cost difference between the two chips is only ~$40.

Thanks again for all of the great work you are doing for CustoMac's

You can use the 2500k as well since it uses the HD3000.

Also, I have been using the HD3000 on my new Z68 board (write-up coming soon). It works wonders. I was able to run 1080p movies at full res with no jittering/artifacting at all.

This would work wonders with an HTPC. :headbang:

Hi there.

I am quite new to all this stuff and I have some questions about this conf:
1) Does it really so painless to build such Hackintosh?
2) Did I understand correct that all what should I do is to download needed DSDT and follow this (xMove + MultiBeast install) instructions? Everything will just work?
3) Could I be able to recievie Mac OS Lion updates after these steps? Can it fail?
4) What about HDMI audio - should I patch my configuration by myself (or download one here) or it is already built in DSDT (step 2)?
5) What about smbios.plist? Should I patch it somehow? On which step? Didn't found it on install instructions (step 2).
6) What about installation of more powerful CPU from i5 or i7 series (of course with HD3000)? Should I change something (say, DSDT) or it will work "out of the box"?

I really appreciate any help. Thanks a lot!

Gordo74 said:
You can use the 2500k as well since it uses the HD3000.

Also, I have been using the HD3000 on my new Z68 board (write-up coming soon). It works wonders. I was able to run 1080p movies at full res with no jittering/artifacting at all.

This would work wonders with an HTPC. :headbang:

Thanks Gordo74 --- your tutorial is great btw.

My main concern was any additional heat and fitting within the size of the case. For $40... the i5-2500K seems to be the way to go... I just don't want to hose myself in the process.

Thanks again for the quick response.

I think this will be my first hackintosh build. Quick question, are the components like ssd and and DVD drive etc optional parts. I put everything in a cart on amazon excluding the OSX installs and the cost was over $500..am I missing something since the build says like 322 before tax and shipping? Any tips to get the best prices?

This also will be my first build, pending a few questions.

I live in a 3rd world country so shipping is an issue for me, hence why I'm looking at a mini build as it can fit in people's suitcases easier. The big issue for me though is that I want to use this build for FCP X. I'm currently using it on a slightly older MacBook Pro and it's driving me absolutely mad.

So my question is, would this run FCP X decently and what's the highest quality video card I could buy for it that the power supply/heat factor will allow?

Thanks so much for your help! :)

have a 2105 in a h67n and tried using the hdmi dsdt and the patched hda
kext

tried with existing and new install, using multi beast and next beast
nothing showing in system preferences

could it be because of the different processors 2105/ 2405 although i don't think so

another thing the hdmi out under the usb ports, the system slows down to almost stop as soon as system is booted (unusable) vga is the same
(only reason i bring it up is tony said somewhere that its the second hdmi port that works with sound)

if i switch from the working hdmi out to the other it works but thats a pain

edit works with chimera 1.4.1 @720p still no sound

everything works perfect with win 7

bought the system for this purpose mini itx case
so ild like to get it working

set bios to achi( f7)
and 64 bit
did i miss anything
appreciate some help

Hi

I wondering if is possible this configuration:
GA-H55N-USB3 + Core i5 650

Without External Graphics Card

I've tried the iboot+multibeast method but after first reboot only got the white screen

a Lion fresh install could be possible?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back