Contribute
Register

Building a Sandy Bridge CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought all the exact stuff for the customac mini 2011, and i'm assembling it now.
core i3 2105
apex mi-008 w/ power supply.
ga-h67n-usb3-b3

i put the cpu fan on the motherboard, but now the fan hits the power unit when i try to slide the motherboard into place. i don't know what to do! anyone have photos of how they assembled their case?

update: i found someone else with a similar problem. it seems if i lift up the power supply, i can just fit the fan in and when i let go of the power supply it sits back down on the fan. in the case of the link below, he ordered a lower profile cpu cooler. myself, i'm too impatient and i'm just going to let the power supply put some weight on the fan. it seems okay.

http://leosuarez.com/2010/08/my-intel-c ... heater-pc/

Hey everyone,

I posted already in the other thread (Guide and Notes) but I thought I'd try here too.

I'm really interested in doing this build, but this is something I'm doing more as a whim than as a need. I'm going to be running Windows primarily (this is for my parents) but I am a Mac users so I want to be able to use OS X when I am over visiting. And frankly, it's given me an excuse to finally build a Hackintosh.

Anyway, I have 4 x 2GB of 204pin RAM from when I upgraded my MBPs. Can anyone recommend a motherboard that would work for this build that would take 204 pin RAM (four channel would be preferred but two channel is fine).

Thanks,

~Paik

You better off selling laptop RAMs because most mobo uses desktop RAMs which are different physical sizes. They are cheap anyway..you can easily find $40-50 for 8GB of RAM these days. As for building a hack, check out tony's recommendation based on the size you want to build. If you want a small PC, go with GA-H67N-USB3. It's small enough and doesn't take that much space.

Have fun.

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if there is a step by step guide on setting up this exact custom mac mini. Is my first time building a hackintosh and I don't want to run to that many problems. Also should I update the bios from the start or it can work without updating the bios to f7?

Edit: I found the guide.lol viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412&p=209913#p209913

Hmm I want to try this hackintosh but i have a little issue.
I have a LCD monitor (Belinea 10 20 30W) with only a VGA output... So is there a way to have the VGA output working with the HD3000? or maybe by adding a PCIe graphic card?
Thank you.

Edit: after hours of reading I guess i have to forget to use my VGA only monitor...

superbete said:
Hmm I want to try this hackintosh but i have a little issue.
I have a LCD monitor (Belinea 10 20 30W) with only a VGA output... So is there a way to have the VGA output working with the HD3000? or maybe by adding a PCIe graphic card?
Thank you.

Edit: after hours of reading I guess i have to forget to use my VGA only monitor...
Yes, that's the truth. :)
But with edits you can make it, but it's hard.

Now i have a good reason to change my monitor :)

Anybody troubleshooting Lion 10.7.1 Sleep issues?

Gives me a keyboard error,

Also; I run into an error when I start my computer while having both HDMI slots occupied.

I have to start PC with 1 monitor, then plug-in at Desktop.

Other then that; I've done everything by the book according the forum guide that TM did and installed the toolbox kext.

If anybody has insight on the sleep issues, or the single monitor on start up dilema please let me know!

Also - Anyone using a wireless mouse/keyboard in addition?

Thank you very much
Alex

Reinstall Lion with user DSDT only. Reboot and see if your PC sleeps normally. If it does then start adding audio, network and the rest one at a time. If it doesn't, check to make sure you have the correct version of DSDT.

Waking up the computer with your keyboard will cause USB to loose connection. It only works when I hit the power button. Then I can use the keyboard to turn on the monitor.

My config uses Apple USB Keyboard and bluetooth mouse. Waking up with my bluetooth mouse doesn't work.

Thank you Matelot. When I have the patience I will re-install LION.

For now; I am just enjoying my dual 720p displays and keeping my computer from going to sleep :)

Any issues with the dual HDMI out at restart for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back