Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I'm planning to build a Hackintosh in the next coming weeks. I have searched around the internet looking for parts, and I have come up with this composition. The HDD I am using is a hybrid drive with 8GB SSD. If I want to use this to create a dual boot will it be compatible? Also I don't plan on adding the graphics card right now, but say I want to do so in the future, will the Sapphire R270 be compatible with my system? My build is listed below:

1 Intel Core i5 4440 Boxed € 156,80 € 156,80
1 Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 € 92,- € 92,-
1 Sapphire R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 OC DUAL-X Boost € 174,90 € 174,90
1 Seagate ST1000DX001, 1TB € 71,90 € 71,90
1 Corsair Carbide 200R Closed € 52,40 € 52,40
1 Kingston DataTraveler 101 G2 16GB Zwart € 7,57 € 7,57
1 TP-Link TL-WDN4800 € 32,95 € 32,95
1 LG 22EA63V-P Zwart € 138,- € 138,-
Crucial Ballistix BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU € 64,10 € 64,10
1 Seasonic M12II 520W € 55,- € 55,-

What do you guys think? Will this build work or will it fail?
Let me know.

I'm planning to use this for school, running high calculative software like Matlab, Stata etc. Watching movies and series is also what I plan on doing on this machine, maybe gaming in the future when I find some more spare time.

I was wondering why it is better to have 2 hard drives for different OS's? And when formatting do I need to make different partitions for the OS and one for all other data? Or is that something from the past?

I'm planning to use this for school, running high calculative software like Matlab, Stata etc. Watching movies and series is also what I plan on doing on this machine, maybe gaming in the future when I find some more spare time.

I was wondering why it is better to have 2 hard drives for different OS's? And when formatting do I need to make different partitions for the OS and one for all other data? Or is that something from the past?

Separate drives is recommended.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Lion, MtLion, Mavericks / Win7, Win8 - all works same as far as installation goes.

I was wondering why it is better to have 2 hard drives for different OS's?

I think the main reason is robustness. If all your boot volumes are on one drive, and that drive becomes corrupted (or fails permanently), then you could well lose all your boot volumes. With separate boot volumes on separate drives, one drive failure will probably only take down one boot volume.

And when formatting do I need to make different partitions for the OS and one for all other data? Or is that something from the past?

You don't need​ to follow that practice, but it seems to be a general recommendation (if you have enough drives), probably for the same reason as above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back