Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3
CPU
G530
Graphics
GT 210
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I would like to build a HackinMouse and install High Sierra on it. I am currently on PovoMac running Mavericks and the App Store won't let me download High Sierra because "it cannot be installed on this computer". My sister has MacBook Air running High Sierra. Would it be possible to log in to App Store on her computer with my Apple ID on her computer and download High Sierra with my "signature"?
I am also kindly asking for a recommendation for wifi card whcih would work OOB with this build.
Thank you in advance.

My sister has MacBook Air running High Sierra. Would it be possible to log in to App Store on her computer with my Apple ID on her computer and download High Sierra with my "signature"?

I don't know if that would be a problem... I think it's safest to just create your USB installer on your sister's MacBook Air.

I am also kindly asking for a recommendation for wifi card whcih would work OOB with this build.
Thank you in advance.

Please see post #3 of my Z390 build thread (link is below in my signature) for some info on Wi-Fi cards.

Pastrychef, thank you for your reply. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't every purchase, including os, contains Apple ID with which it was downloaded?
Thanks for pointing to wifi info.

Pastrychef, thank you for your reply. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't every purchase, including os, contains Apple ID with which it was downloaded?

That's what I thought. That's why I suggested downloading the installer and creating your USB Installer on your sister's computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back