Contribute
Register

Building a Gaming/Video Editing/Audio Workstation. Quick Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook Pro
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
i5 330
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys. I am relatively new to this whole Hackintosh thing (as are many) and I was wondering if you all could please help me out. I planned on purchasing the following.

1. GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
2. Apple Thunderbolt Display
3. i7 3770k
4. EVGA GTX-680
5. Lots of ram

I recently saw that the GTX-680 can route its graphics through the thunderbolt motherboard using software in Windows, leaving its outputs unfilled. Will this work in OSX as well? I would just like to know before I pull the trigger on anything.

Also, does anyone have advice on a good monitor other than the Apple Display?

Thanks again.

Hey guys. I am relatively new to this whole Hackintosh thing (as are many) and I was wondering if you all could please help me out. I planned on purchasing the following.

1. GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
2. Apple Thunderbolt Display
3. i7 3770k
4. EVGA GTX-680
5. Lots of ram

I recently saw that the GTX-680 can route its graphics through the thunderbolt motherboard using software in Windows, leaving its outputs unfilled. Will this work in OSX as well? I would just like to know before I pull the trigger on anything.

Also, does anyone have advice on a good monitor other than the Apple Display?

Thanks again.
Your parts will work fine for a sweet OSX build. I'm not understanding "route its graphics through the thunderbolt motherboard using software in Windows," so someone else can/will comment. There's a lot of good monitor options from Samsung, LG, and others. Go to Newegg or your favorite online retailer and look at "best rating" monitor options.

I got the same build, only I got the Asus GTX 680 Top which has the best cooling system according to many reviews. Fast and quiet. No Thunderbolt Display here either.

System worked fine out of the box. Thunderbolt graphics only works for the HD4000, not the GTX 680. Lucid Virtu is Windows only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back