Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dvd and blueray are everywhere out of stock in the netherlands. Hope some knows a new blueray which works on OS X

Hi! I'm building a new rig, and I would like to know if the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H is also compatible with a DSDT-free OS X installation? This motherboard is way better looking than the DS3H and stays in my budget...
Thanks in advance!

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide May 2013

Can somebody explain, every time I see the new guide, I wonder, do I need to find DSDT for suggested motherboard or I can use it by help of various boot-loaders which provide some drivers for mother board inside ?

Replying to sergioxii and Knapneder.

All the recommended Gigabyte boards in the up to date guides use a form of bios called UEFI. These boards do not require a DSDT for the motherboard as older motherboards required.

There are motherboards available to hackintosh from MSI, Asus and others which DO require a DSDT and or bios flash.

Hope that helps.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide May 2013

why are their no good graphic cards just lame nvidia ones since i am a person that uses opencl i rather a amd card since opencl is faster in everyway with amd cards then cuda

The "yoyomarv" edition of the Nvidia Quadro 4800 FX works perfectly right out of the box, and is a fairly decent professional card. I have a GA-Z77-UD5H motherboard. All that I had to do to get it to work was upgrade my bios. I don't use any boot flags and I didn't have to do anything in multibeast.

is zotac gtx 560 1gb graphics card fine? cos i do not see that one listed in the graphics card list above.. is the brand important for compatibility?

secondly, what about 2gb memory version of the same card.. like i am also getting a gigabyte version gtx 650 in 2gb memory.. thanks

is zotac gtx 560 1gb graphics card fine? cos i do not see that one listed in the graphics card list above.. is the brand important for compatibility?

secondly, what about 2gb memory version of the same card.. like i am also getting a gigabyte version gtx 650 in 2gb memory.. thanks

Hi can i make a hackintoch out of my system?
System:

CPU: i7 3770k
RAM: 2x 8GB - Corsair Vengeance
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-VPRO
Grafic card: MSI 660TI
Water cooler: Corsair H100
Power supply: Corsair AX750
SSD: Samsung 830 series - 128 GB
1TB - Hard Drive

Sorry for bad English, Im form Norway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back