Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm up to CustoMac Budget ATX, unfortunately the RAM presented here is not available at my location, I've chosen the BLS2K4G3D169DS3, what other ram would be compatible? I've found next - BLS2C4G3D169DS3CEU, will this RAM be compatible? Thanks in advance

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2014

does anyone know if Asus sabertooth x79 works with intel i7-4930k??? any issues??

I don't think any one has gotten an i7-4930k to work yet. As I've been researching it looks like it's just not ready yet... but close.

GTX 760 has performance issues... like some other 7xx -> don't buy it, if you want to have a fast system ....

UK Amazon link for Z87x-UD5H TH in MB list is incorrect it's actually for the non thunderbolt version Z87X-UD5H

Fixed :thumbup: Be sure to clear your cache before reloading.

GTX 760 has performance issues... like some other 7xx -> don't buy it, if you want to have a fast system ....

What issues? If there were any serious issues, macx86 guys wouldn't have posted in here for months.

Hi Tony

Great post... I am very interested in building the CustoMini Deluxe and have a case I would particularly love to use but I have one problem regarding the Graphics Card recommended for this build and can't find a suitable alternative in the recommendations.

The case I am interested in has a Max size of 200mm Length for the Graphics Card - wonder could you recommend an alternative to the GeForce GTX 760 that would be 200mm or less?

Please see the intended case - wonder if you think it would be suitable?:
http://www.xigmatek.com/product.php?productid=219&type=specification

Thanks a million.

A couple questions, ps4 controller? Really? Now I want to get the Bluetooth working, and on that note I have the h87n wifi rev2 pulled the bt/wifi card and was wondering if that could be replaced with a mini Pcie ssd for start up, and would it be better then a sata 3 ssd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back