Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recommend these specific Gigabyte 7-series motherboards because of native power management support, network, and audio. They are the most compatible with OS X and are the easiest motherboards to get up and running for first time builders.

Not all those boards have OOB compatibility

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013

Something I've noticed is that the CustoMac Pro LGA 2011 builds that doesn't appear to make sense...

With the i7-3960x CPU, the recommended Motherboard (in both Feb '13 and Mar '13) is a Gigabyte
GA-X79S-UP5 paired with a Corsair Graphite 600T case... When I look at the attached Newegg links the motherboard doesn't appear that it would fit in that case.

The
Corsair Graphite 600T specs say it can have micro-ATX or ATX motherboards.... But the Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5 is an Extended ATX (EATX) motherboard.

It would appear to me that the GA-X79-UP4 or GA-X79-UD3 motherboard would work, since they are ATX form factor...

Did I miss something?

JW
http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/...c-buyers-guide-march-2013-a-7.html#post574094

any chance this will work in the budget micro it's build to make it a smaller version ofbdelux? Looking for small footprint

any chance this will work in the budget micro it's build to make it a smaller version ofbdelux? Looking for small footprint
:shh::shh::shh::shh::shh::shh: stay tuned for news on this

Has anyone tried the GTX 650 ti boost? Will this card work on a hackintosh system?

Simply awesome work, and THANK you so much for links to UK (and other non US) Amazon sites!

Someone could confirm if I can install OS X on this computer?
Would there be any incompatibility?

Thanks for all

Caja: Aerocool PGS-R RS-9 Devil Red
Placa Base: Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5
Procesador: Intel Core I7-3820 3.60Ghz
Ventilador: Thermaltake Frio Avance
Ram: G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2133 PC3-1700 16GB 2x8GB CL9
HDD SSD: Crucial M4 128GB SATA3
HDD 1: W.D. HDD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA2 300MBPS
HDD 2: W.D. HDD 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA2 300MBPS
Fuente: Thermaltake Toughpower 650W
Grafica: XFX HD6870 Black Edition 1GB GDDR5
Grabadora DVD: Grabadora LG SATA 22x
Lector DVD: DVD LG
Lector Tarjetas + DNI
Teclado & Ratón: Logitech MX3200

Would you please tell me all the kexts I will have to install with multibeast when using:
GA-Z77x-UD5H
intel core i73770K
geforce gtx 680
Corsair Carbide 500R(USB 3 Support please included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back