Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful guide, I just bought a mini itx mobo from GA and an i3 CPU. Can not wait build a custmac.

does the gtx 670 works OOB with mountain lion? thanks... im on a 10.8 mountain lion and a gtx 285, im planning to upgrade to a gtx 670 videocard

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Just finished my first Hackintosh with the i5 CustoMac Mini Deluxe spec - Its fantastic, thank you!! Is there a buyers guide for a Hackintosh Laptop? Can't seem to see an equally thorough (and confidence building) equivalent for a MBPro Hackintosh. Thanks for any help - sorry of its there and I didn't see it...
Hi Percy28
A question please. I plan to build a CustoMac Mini Deluxe, if I build it as the kit list and load the OS will it work?
Or is there luck and a lot of extra fiddling involved?
Thanks
Martin

hello,

really cool article, thanks!
i have one (probably stupid) question.
as long as the specific MB supports, can I install higher frequency RAM? or can it cause any issues with the install?
just asking because it is 1600Mhz RAMs are advised, and I don't know if there's a special reason for that...
thanks in advance
Peter

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 600W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply, will work with the

CustoMac Budget ATX" build listed here.

Thank you! How soon will be published february guide?

My understanding with the GA-Z77N-WIFI is that Wifi doesnt work but bluetooth does
Does that also mean bluetooth will wake from sleep if i keep the card?
I have no need for wifi as my router is right behind where the new hackintosh will go so i was just going to keep the bluetooth/wifi combo board

I've taken an interest in the custoMac mATX budget, I've looked around on my favourite dutch webshop, for computer parts, the only change I made wes a different case (Aerocool Qx-2000, thought it looked cool and has enough room for drives imo). the price was around €551 for the system which seems reasonable :)

Before I checked the recommendation list for graphics cards, I assumed that I would have had to use a AMD graphics card... since I'm no fan of the brand, I was relieved to see you recommend nVidia GPU's :D

I'm still not sure whether or not I am going through with a build, but seeing as I can make a base system which is more powerful than my 2011 iMac 27" at nearly 1/4th of the cost is a huge relief :D

One thing I wonder however, is: Will I be able to add a new graphics card later on and will it automatically work, or will I have to re-install the OS / run multibeast? I have read that using multiple GPU's works without any problems, so that's always nice for future reference ;)
I do want to know however, if this improves speed with iMovie

I've taken an interest in the custoMac mATX budget, I've looked around on my favourite dutch webshop, for computer parts, the only change I made wes a different case (Aerocool Qx-2000, thought it looked cool and has enough room for drives imo). the price was around €551 for the system which seems reasonable :)

Before I checked the recommendation list for graphics cards, I assumed that I would have had to use a AMD graphics card... since I'm no fan of the brand, I was relieved to see you recommend nVidia GPU's :D

I'm still not sure whether or not I am going through with a build, but seeing as I can make a base system which is more powerful than my 2011 iMac 27" at nearly 1/4th of the cost is a huge relief :D

One thing I wonder however, is: Will I be able to add a new graphics card later on and will it automatically work, or will I have to re-install the OS / run multibeast? I have read that using multiple GPU's works without any problems, so that's always nice for future reference ;)
I do want to know however, if this improves speed with iMovie

I believe you will just have to rerun Multibeast to install the drivers for the GPU, im not familiar with if Multibeast will uninstall unused drivers so you may have to remove the old drivers manually :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back