Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This may seem like a dumb question, but how do I build a bootable usb hackintosh without a Apple or Mac computer? I have this extra pc I want to build it on but every where I checked states that I need to use software that must be installed on a MAC in order to build my hackintosh. So I am confused. Why would I build a Hackintosh if I already have a Macintosh? :?
?

donlenzb said:
This may seem like a dumb question, but how do I build a bootable usb hackintosh without a Apple or Mac computer? I have this extra pc I want to build it on but every where I checked states that I need to use software that must be installed on a MAC in order to build my hackintosh. So I am confused. Why would I build a Hackintosh if I already have a Macintosh? :?
?
You need a Mac to create the Unibeast USB stick with Lion installer. Do you know anybody with a mac you can use for an hour or two? that's all it takes.

Supposedly it's also possible to install Snow Leopard from the retail DVD, upgrade it to 10.6.8 (so you can use the App Store), then buy Lion from the App Store and create the stick from there. Sounds like a big pain in the ass to me :)

Thanks for your quick response. I will try the Snow Leopard way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back