ATI RADEON HD 6870 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I am new in hackintosh and about how to install MacOSX on my new PC I havent bought yet.
I want to buy:
- intel i7 2600k 3,4GHz
- GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
- ATI 6950 or NVidia 560

Do you think I can run MacOSX on this machine?
Which graphic card works better on MacOSX and hackintosh ATI 6950 or nvidia 560? (I mean which one is easier to make it work)

Thanks

69xx series at this moment is unsupported.

The added device id (1201) to NVDAGF100hal involves kext editing as stated in the link to get the 560 working just as I stated previously. :geek:

The 6870 is a phenomenal card with great performance, up to 4 monitor support and out the box support with no kext editing or installation since it will work natively in OS X.

jester969 said:
69xx series at this moment is unsupported.

The added device id (1201) to NVDAGF100hal involves kext editing as stated in the link to get the 560 working just as I stated previously. :geek:

The 6870 is a phenomenal card with great performance, up to 4 monitor support and out the box support with no kext editing or installation since it will work natively in OS X.

What depends on to be 69xx supported in the future?

Trust me when I say this, get the 6870.

I had the 6950 before, and luckily I did a swap with my flatmate for his 6870.

I spent weeks trying to get my 6950 to work fully on Lion, even with netkas patches and stuff it was never easy.

The second I got my friends 6870, instant win! works flawlessly, I'll never go back :)

An is there a lot of difference of performance between 6950 and 6870?

Anyway, if 10.8 is going to support 6970 I can wait until summer or so.

itOtO said:
One thing you have to remember about the netkas forum - they are talking about pc cards installed in a Mac Pro. In most cases they have flashed the pc card BIOS to allow this - that is what he means when he says "And the efi rom I made for it in august make 6970 work just fine!"

That does not mean that the card will work natively in a hackintosh. OTOH, if they say it works OOB with no mods in a Mac Pro, then it will probably work in a hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back