Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay so here is draft number 2! SHAZZAM!
Thanks for all your previous advice. This build covers what y'all suggested, but I'd like to ask some more pointed questions as well.

1. Do you think I should add a CPU cooler to the build?

2. I'd like for the computer to be particularly quiet if possible without sacrificing much power, any suggestions?

3. This computer is planned to be a workstation for game programming, as well as being used for playing games. Any suggestions or changes with that in mind?

4. I read a little about how the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard is easier to deal with in the installation process (not needing a DSDT). Can anyone confirm how much easier it is to install Mac (and have all the components working) with this motherboard versus a different once?

CPU: Sandy Bridge
Motherboard Ivy Bridge
Interesting combination

MEM: Get 1600 MHz

Graphics: Do not know if it is supported. Isnt their ant 600 series card supported?

Optical: Do not know if it is supported.

If only game play a i5 K model will work just fine. Ivy Bridge isn't 100% supported yet but I think with Mac OS X 10.8 it will work just fine.

If you plan on using the hard drive for storage a 5400rpm will work just fine. Get a drive with two platters max. Less platters is often more silent. Look at reviews at sites like http://www.silentpcreview.com

MEM: Get 1600 MHz
Done, thank you!

Optical: Do not know if it is supported.
I thought a drive was a drive and I shouldn't really have problems with compatibility, is that wrong?

Planning to dual-boot :)

CPU: Sandy Bridge
Motherboard Ivy Bridge
Interesting combination
Interesting but inconsequential? Or interesting because you're worried I'll have problems? Can you suggest a motherboard that would be equivalent but Sandy?

Graphics: Do not know if it is supported. Isnt their ant 600 series card supported?
I heard from someone else that card should be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back