Z170X DESIGNARE
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GEFORCE GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hello all unique community here!! and i am so newbie!!!

Im using computer for 3D animation and After effects - Premiere so now im thinking to create a hackintosh pc for that because i have heard many good things about it!

can you help me please to be sure if i have pick the right parts before buy all that from amazon?:

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.1)
Intel Core i7-6700K Box
EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI mHDMI Graphics Cards 04G-P4-3748-KR
Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 8GB DDR3-1600MHz (BLT8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU)
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Corsair RMx Series 650W
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

1) all that parts can be combined with that motherboard to a fully mac osx operating system?
2) and how can reliable can be?
3) which osx version i can use in that build? (have any matter with build?)
4) its necessary to buy wifi card? because i prefer to use ethernet that i believe is better and stable!
5) i can use whatever PSU i like? i mean at 650W or above! but i have any matter the brand or whatever?
6) one more last question because i know the most of you here you are very very expert in hackintosh matter: how much
better or worse is a hackintosh pc to a matter like 3D animation - After effects - Premiere compares to a PC with the same
specs and Windows 10?

(sorry for my terrible English)

Thank you very very much for your help!

I suggest you get a better GPU to match the killer CPU/MB that you have. Also, the extra GPU horsepower would come in handy for video editing. I also suggest that you consider bumping up the RAM to 16GB. Much more effective for video and 3D editing.

However, as is, that system will work fine with MacOS Sierra. Stability has been excellent for with Sierra and both updates that I performed on the system (either 10.12.1 or 10.12.2) installed flawlessly. Only issues that must be kept in mind is that audio/network settings can be lost after a system update. Multibeast can help to fix that quite easily.

Ethernet works fine for me. After the 10.12.2 update, my Wifi stopped working but plugging in the Ethernet cable gave me instant internet access and I sorted out the wifi without issue.

Your choice of PSU is excellent. Stick to the good brands like Corsair, EVGA, SuperFlower and Seasonic. A RM550x will also be fine for that setup.

Ultimately, if you want the best reliability, buying a real Mac is the best way. However, a Hackintosh is a much more stable beast these days and shouldn't be a problem besides the odd update issue.

Thank you vinodh for your reply!

Can you suggest me a better GPU for that build but also dont get too overbudget?

also the RAM for begin i think to install one Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 8GB DDR3-1600MHz and in a few months i will upgrade to 32GB can i do that?

I believe that i cant handle the Mac Budget in the same time i need also i computer so i think to have a pc with hackintosh and Windows 10 is the best solution for me but.... is not reliable the hackintosh? or isnt better for rendering or system stability?

Any of the GTX 9 series would be a huge improvement. e.g. the GTX950 or better would be fine.

You will also have to change your motherboard. The 6700K CPU is an 1151 pin CPU and the board you chose is 1150.

Get a motherboard that has 4 RAM slots so that you can plug in 8GB now and add extra RAM later. Check on the buyer guide for good hardware suggestions.

You are right.. about that mobo...

So after your help i have that final choice:

Gigabyte Z170X-Designare
Intel Core i7-6700K Box
Gigabyte GeForce GTX950 2GB (GV-N950WF2OC-2GD)
Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 8GB DDR3-1600MHz (BLT8G3D1608ET3LX0CEU) (and after some months i will upgrade)
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 (i can use only ethernet and dont that wifi card?)
with MacOS Sierra 10.12.2

That build is fine right? it will have stability?

Thank you about help very much!

That system is excellent. You can leave out the wifi card since you only plan on using Ethernet. Just follow the guide for installing MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 and you should be fine. Feel free to message me if you get stuck with installing.

vinodh really thank you for your help here!

When i get all that parts and install the MacOS Sierra i will send you one more "thank you" message!

Take care for now

Vinodh Hello again and Happy new Year!

One more help please!

for that build

Gigabyte Z170X-Designare
Intel Core i7-6700K Box
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB DDR4-2400Mhz (BLS2C8G4D240FSA) (and after some months i will upgrade)
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

are u sure that gpu card is fully workable for hackintosh? Gigabyte GeForce GTX950 2GB (GV-N950WF2OC-2GD)
http://www.skroutz.gr/s/7388178/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX950-2GB-GV-N950WF2OC-2GD.html

because im ready to buy it and i can afford that cost

Vinodh Hello again and Happy new Year!

One more help please!

for that build

Gigabyte Z170X-Designare
Intel Core i7-6700K Box
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB DDR4-2400Mhz (BLS2C8G4D240FSA) (and after some months i will upgrade)
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

are u sure that gpu card is fully workable for hackintosh? Gigabyte GeForce GTX950 2GB (GV-N950WF2OC-2GD)
http://www.skroutz.gr/s/7388178/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX950-2GB-GV-N950WF2OC-2GD.html

because im ready to buy it and i can afford that cost

Yep, it'll work fine with Sierra using the latest method to enable NVIDIA web drivers!

Read here...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-0-367-15-10-05.200843/

If I could jump in for a moment:

I believe the article represented by that link will solve all of my graphics issues on a newly built hackintosh. The main problem? I don't know where to "mount efi", I don't even know where to look. Then, in step 2, it says to enter text. I have no idea where to do that either. Do you happen to know of a detailed, literally step by step guide for rookies? The article is only useful for those who know how/where to do any of that, I'm not one of those people unfortunately. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back