Contribute
Register

Build for music production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
Intel > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
Radeon > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
Hello. Thank you very much for the space, and I apologize in advance if I'm making any mistakes.

I'm looking to build a PC for music production. My main DAW is Pro Tools, and the last PC I built (recommended from this website) has the old Sandy Bridge technology from 2015, and I'm just now realizing that I need to upgrade.

If anyone here is involved in music production, it would be of great help.

Thank you very much!

There are DAW users here (not me!). You may explore the forum, for instance @zipb's recent built (and look for its history, which unfortunately is somewhat scattered in various Z690 Golden Build threads).
If you want personalised advice, we need to know your requirements: OS version, need for slots and/or Thunderbolt, ease of build, etc.

See also this forum section:

Sorry for the delay. I was trying to search for more information on the subject. What concerns me the most is the compatibility between the components and the DAW (Pro Tools). I need the computer mainly for production, so I need storage and processing speed without compromising compatibility. It's not in my plans to spend a fortune on the latest components but on something optimal in terms of quality and price.

Thank you very much as always!

Which country do you live in?
What is your budget?
How many PCIe cards are you planning to install and which slot size/speed do they need?

Assumption that an Intel CPU with a natively supported IGPU will be sufficient, as you don't need a high end discrete GPU for your music production work.

All the above need to be taken in to consideration when looking to create/build a new system.

Depending on availability and cost I would recommend a 400-series system, if one is available where you live.

See this MSI Z490 board.

The MSI board along with a 10th series CPU would be a good option, as they are the last natively supported Intel series of MB & CPU used by Apple.

32GB DDR4 RAM (2 x 16GM modules)

This 400-series base system would cost around £480 in the UK.

A WD SN770 NVME 1B drive would add another £70 to the cost.

Obviously this is just an example of what you could build. There are plenty of other boards, RAM and NVME options. The sticking point might be getting hold of a 10th Gen i7 CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back