Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Im looking for some good hardware to build a nice hackinthosh for one purpose only. My goal ? Run Logic Studio nice and smooth. My budget is about 500 euro (thats about 627 US dollar). No need for a GPU , onboard (sandy bridge) will be fine i think.

2 things i already have left over from an old windows build :

- Corsair carbide 500r case
- Samsung 1,5 TB HDD
- External USB soundcard
-23 "full HD monitor

2 things i already chosen myself are the PSU and RAM. Parts i chosen now are about 85 euro so that leaves 415 euro for the motherboard an cpu.

I need some advice for this. I want good and compatible parts that dont need much tweaking in osx. Best thing would be running out of the box but im aware since this is a hackingtosh this properly wont be the case.

You will need a gfx card with that board. HD3000 causes issues with users.

You can purchase a cheap GT 210 512MB card.

My suggestion would be to steer clear of 16:9 monitors, get one thats 16:10. It might not seem like a lot of difference, but when you are trying to edit in logic all the extra vertical space you can get is a godsend... unless you plan to have more than one monitor. You will thank me for it when you start using logic and see how crammed the arrange page can get when you start edting in the piano roll or sample editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back