Contribute
Register

Build First Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Macs using Sony Optiarc drives, anyway I don't know. :p

Edit: Oh, you want a BD drive... got it! :mrgreen: Then this or this.

Gordo74 said:
That is still definitely overkill. Over the past few years, hardware makers are working hard to get their components to produce LESS power. Anything nowadays that will power a GTX 580 will be good enough for an upgrade in the future.

As far as the 750w number, that may be for a dual processor, server board with many multiple components that your system will never see. I stick to my recommendation, a good 650w will be fine.
That makes a lot of sense, thanks so much, I'll post a second draft in a few days and would love some addition feedback then if you could. Thanks so much for your help already, you've all been great!

Mate94 said:
Other Macs using Sony Optiarc drives, anyway I don't know. :p

Edit: Oh, you want a BD drive... got it! :mrgreen: Then this or this.
Yeah I'd like to be able to watch some of my Blu-Rays on my monitor instead of my TV. Thanks for the recommendations!

Okay so here is draft number 2! SHAZZAM!
Thanks for all your previous advice. This build covers what y'all suggested, but I'd like to ask some more pointed questions as well.

1. Do you think I should add a CPU cooler to the build?

2. I'd like for the computer to be particularly quiet if possible without sacrificing much power, any suggestions?

3. This computer is planned to be a workstation for game programming, as well as being used for playing games. Any suggestions or changes with that in mind?

4. I read a little about how the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard is easier to deal with in the installation process (not needing a DSDT). Can anyone confirm how much easier it is to install Mac (and have all the components working) with this motherboard versus a different once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back