Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050Ti
Hey all,

I've been scouring the forums trying to solve this problem, that multiple people seem to have with their builds, with not being able to successfully shut down or go to sleep. Whenever I try to shutdown it just restarts and when I put it to sleep is just wakes right back up.

Some things that I've already tried:

Disable Wake on LAN Access in the BIOS
Disable Wake for Ethernet in System Preferences
Disable serial ports in BIOS

None of the above things worked.

There's something that people are reporting having luck with and that is a kext called Evoreboot. I'd like to give it a try but there isn't a kext under that name on this websites "Downloads" section. Can someone provide me with a reputable 3rd party source that I could download it from?

Thanks.

Telchaar, it is actual? Do you have kernel panic? Provide it. Today I solved same problem, maybe can help you

Hey Shpingale, just wanted to check in and let you know that I fixed it. My knowledge within the hackintosh community is very small so this may or not be legit ... but my problem seemed to stem from updating to a version of clover that I didn't originally include in my unibeast installer (that's when it first appeared anyway). Somehow, reverting to the original clover version did the trick.

While I'm at it, I know how to run the verbose mode boot arg on startup but how do you check for a kernel panic on shutdown?

Okay, nice that you fixed your problem. I had clover update problem some days ago too. You can see your kernel panics in system journal. About this mac > System report > Software > Logs. There are all kernel panics and just errors that occured on your hack. This really helps with solving so problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back