Contribute
Register

Buggy DSDT Asus Q501LA, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman,

Attached is the correct Audio Codec Dump.

Frank

Attachments

• ALC282 Codec Dump.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 193
Rehabman,

Attached is the correct Audio Codec Dump.

Frank

Yup. ALC282. So now search for an AppleHDA that has been patched for Realtek ALC282 (or do the patch yourself).

To Conradolpz,

I have the same system and have got a bootable version using Clover. I installed the Mac OS using standard bios and Unibeast. Then when I got the system running I installed Clover to the macos drive. Without Clover, the system had some bizarre timing that caused time to increment one minute every 5 seconds. It was a bear to use as key board repeat was also speed up. Once on Clover I hdd to play around with Clover to get qe/qi video acceleration working (thank you Rehabman). Now I am trying to get sound, battery, lcd and keyboard backlighting control, and battery management.

Have you figured how to patch the dsdt to get these things working?

Can you share the patches if you have been successful?

Rehabman has been helping me, but if you have solved any of these already, I would rather not reinvent the wheel.

Thanks,
Frank

Hi there! Everything is working now in my system.. battery status, backlight keyboard, correct keymapping and system sleep (even lid sleep but no wake up :S), I also have sound back when waking up, I'm trying to get my card reader to work yet... but everything else seems to work just fine.

One thing: I stopped using my DSDT and tried one from Asus UX32A I found around the web... It just worked! I didn't even had to apply any other patches.. everything worked from the beginning...QE/QE included, despite having Intel Iris Graphics 5100 1024 MB in the system profiler.

I have an AppleHDA patched for our laptop.. do you want it? Once I can get my card reader to work I'll try to make a guide or something.

Conradolpz,

That is outstanding! It would be great if you could provide the dsdt and the patched applehda.kext to me.

Thanks,
Frank

Conradolpz,

That is outstanding! It would be great if you could provide the dsdt and the patched applehda.kext to me.

Thanks,
Frank

Here you are!
Inside you'll find:
clover kexts folder (I recommend you to install both AppleHDA and EAPDFix directly into S/L/E, if you try to just have them into clover kext folder.. AppleHDA doesn't load on boot)

the

DSDT from the asus laptop I found, and my SSDT patched (which i don't know if works or not but it's the one I used when using chameleon) I've got them both into ACPI/patched folder of clover.

I've also included my config.plist, try to change the CLOVER THEME to the one you use (i use Mavstyle), which includes the configuration that works for me...

the FakeSMC included is also patched... but I don't know what happens if you use your own FakeSMC

Let me see if this works for you!

:D

Attachments

• ASUS Q501LA STABLE.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 217
Thanks for sending the files. The dsdt/ssdt folder is empty. Can you resend the files? I'll let you know how things work out when you send the files.

Thanks,
Frank

Thanks for sending the files. The dsdt/ssdt folder is empty. Can you resend the files? I'll let you know how things work out when you send the files.

Thanks,
Frank
sorry for that! i was in a rush!! View attachment dsdtssdt.zip

let me know how the things work after all the changes!!

Your files definitely moved me toward 100% operation. Asus keyboard function keys are working as are battery and sound. Looks like everything is working other than sleep, the touchpad and the sd card reader.

I get a crash when I try to use the Touchpad kext. Not sure why that is happening, although I generally use a mouse so it is not a major issue. I tried a newer version of the kext then the one in you zip file and it did not work either.

Do you use a patched kernal for the OS? I could not get OS X originally installed without using it.

I tried editing the AppleStorage kext to enable the SD reader using the vendor ID but that was unsuccessful.

Any ideas on Sleep?

Interesting that if you have a program at full screen and you tap the screen, the menu bar shows up. I don't know if there are any reasonably priced options for the touch screen.

I must say, the display on the Q501LA is fantastic.

Thanks a lot!
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back