W3680
Graphics
HD 7950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I install and use the patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext Rollback from MultiBeast 5.0.2, or if I use the original 10.6.8 kext to prevent the Kernel Panic with ASUS motherboards, my System Profiler will no longer report the System Serial Number I specified in smbios.plist. It just shows "Serial Number (system): System Serial Number" instead of showing the serial number I specified. If I use the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8, along with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to prevent the kernel panic, the serial number is shown normally.

Dil83

I'm using this one and got no problem regarding my serial number. It shows exactly what is in my smbios.plist on "About This Mac" info.

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.zip
    400.8 KB · Views: 754
The ideal solution would be to figure out what is causing the conflict between AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ASUS motherboards. The problem doesn't exist with Gigabyte motherboards and the kernel panic is CPU related. There is a difference in the way the processors are defined in the DSDT between ASUS boards and Gigabyte boards. Could there possibly be a DSDT fix for this problem? Possibly a Chimera fix? @Tony and/or MacMan, if there's any way I can help let me know. I've tried countless DSDT edits to no avail.

Dil83

X58 is much dead so there is not much support on this system. Most people are more interested in newer system. So for me as long my ML is 100% working and stable, I don't really care much what is exactly wrong.

I'm using this one and got no problem regarding my serial number. It shows exactly what is in my smbios.plist on "About This Mac" info.

Thanks for the kext, but the problem persists with this one also.

Dil83

X58 is much dead so there is not much support on this system. Most people are more interested in newer system. So for me as long my ML is 100% working and stable, I don't really care much what is exactly wrong.

I know that X58 is definitely EOL, but so are all the Core 2 systems and there are still plenty of users of X58 and Core 2 systems. X58 is still plenty powerful and will be for years to come. Don't get me wrong, I also own a Z68/2600K system that works great, but it still doesn't match the performance of my X58 system.

I generated my smbios.plist using Chameleon Wizard and it solved my iCloud issue. Before when I was using the Multibeast generated smbios.plist, I could not log into iCloud.

I generated my smbios.plist using Chameleon Wizard and it solved my iCloud issue. Before when I was using the Multibeast generated smbios.plist, I could not log into iCloud.

I copied my serial number from a Genuine Mac Pro 5,1 at a local reseller, and it reports properly as a Mid 2010 Mac Pro in About this Mac, so I'm going to have to rule out the possibility that the serial number is incompatible :) I never did have a problem with iCloud, I assume because it is a Genuine Serial. I do appreciate you trying to help with the problem!

Dil83

So does this serial number issue has any impact on the stability or raises any problems ? Seems you said you does not have any problem logging into iCloud.

So does this serial number issue has any impact on the stability or raises any problems ? Seems you said you does not have any problem logging into iCloud.

Sorry I meant to add that I have no problems when using the original 10.8 kext and my serial number is displayed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back