UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am currently running a HD 6670 card, but its becoming increasingly noisy. So I am now looking for a new passive gpu with good compatibility with Lion, and potentially ML in the future. I'm not the most proficient with Hackintosh, so would ideally like something that doesn't take too much fiddling (If there's such a thing? Hehe)

I'm not a gamer, but want a little more performance than my integrated graphics offers. Cost is a factor though, I dont really want to spend more than £40-£50 if I can help it. Should I be looking at AMD or Nvidea?

I am running on a Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 with Intel Core i5 2500K.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks for that.. Can't seem to find them anywhere. And even if I do I have a feeling its going to be out of my price range really...

I did spot the Sapphire HD 6670 Ultimate for around £50.00, I suppose that might be the best shout. Only trouble with my 6670, I gotta have Graphics Enabler = No, which means the DVD player doesn't work. So was wondering if theres something else out there, that would work better without paying silly money.

I wonder if anyone has had success with the GT 630 by Zotac? Can't find any info other than this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...passively-cooled-geforce-gt-630-gt-640-a.html

Thanks for that.. Can't seem to find them anywhere. And even if I do I have a feeling its going to be out of my price range really...

I did spot the Sapphire HD 6670 Ultimate for around £50.00, I suppose that might be the best shout. Only trouble with my 6670, I gotta have Graphics Enabler = No, which means the DVD player doesn't work. So was wondering if theres something else out there, that would work better without paying silly money.

I wonder if anyone has had success with the GT 630 by Zotac? Can't find any info other than this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...passively-cooled-geforce-gt-630-gt-640-a.html

The GT630 is a rebranded GT440, so in theory it should work with Lion or Mountain Lion. But without an actual trial I am not sure.

The GT640 is supported in Mountain Lion only.

my asus 6450 works great, only cost 20$, passive, and plays all videos and everything smoothly. Works pretty much out of the box with only one line (setting framebuffer="pithecia")

just be very careful of the exact one you buy, follow a link or part number from a confirmed build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back