Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DH61WW
CPU
Core i3-2100(Sandy Bridge)
Graphics
Intel HD 2000
Hello People,
I own a Core i3-2100 and Intel H61WW mobo. Want to build a Hackintosh but my iGPU not compatible.
My budget around 70$ / 63 Euro
My options are :
Nvidia GT 210
Nvidia GT 520
Nvidia GT 610
Nvidia GT 710
Nvidia GT 730

ATI Radeon HD 5450
ATI Radeon HD R5 230
ATI Radeon HD R7 240

Want a card with which will natively support Hackintosh and OOB (maybe?)

Thanks Again for your help. :)

Most of those cards are about as good as the built in graphics on your i3. The 'best' ones (read; only ones worth thinking about) are the R7 240 and GT 730

I'm not well versed on compatibility, but I do know that AMD is generally much harder to support than Nvidia. They should run with some tinkering (google the model & "hackintosh") but aren't worth the money or effort; if you were to upgrade your cpu, it would have better performance than the card. An HD7770 doesn't cost much more (It's actually cheaper than a 240 where I live) and is significantly better, plus it should be closer to 'oob' since apple used to produce the mac pro with them

Edit: Messed the links up

Last edited:
Hmmmm i certainly don't want to speak against tonymac but as a recommendation from 2011 it's a tad outdated and covers stuff that's hardware-supported as well as what's recommended; I don't doubt that in 2011 a 240 would have had a place in many systems (mainly small form factor and CPU's with inadequate graphics) but you have to keep in mind that newer OSX operating systems naturally have higher minimum requirements; It might well run but you're not going to have a good experience

The GT 210 is literally worse than your i3's built in graphics and the 520 isn't much better

If you ask me, you're wasting your money if you're only going to get something that's only just better than the CPU. If you spend just $30-40 more you won't have such a graphics bottleneck (every real mac falls short here too) and you wont suffer a laggy, dysfunctional system considering a lot of the usability of OSX is very graphical (especially scrolling and fullscreen multitasking).
There's a reason apple re-introduced the macbook last year: built in graphics have recently become strong enough to power OSX; Previously it hasn't been adequate. It's worth mentioning that the newer intel CPU's are at least twice as good as all of these cards

@NativeX thanks again for such great advice.Owe you one. :)
Well yes i too thought about it and today's systems might not be able to run natively with the ancient GPUs.

Another question @NativeX i kinda got hold of OS X Mavericks and im stuck at the booting page.
What bootflag should I use to proceed with my current system?
i3-2100
H61WW(mobo)
HD 2000 (iGPU)

Thanks again for helping me. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back