Intel Core i9-10900K
Graphics
ASUS ROG STRIX AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I've been having problems with Bluetooth for a while now. My wifi/Bluetooth works fine for the most part, and I have all the Handoff/Airdrop functionality. However, sometimes (especially when I am using a CPU/GPU intensive software like Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere) the connection Bluetooth starts to stutter and the mouse pointer/audio (AirPods) starts to get choppy. It happens for 15-45 seconds, and then it normalizes back, but it will happen again in a while. It does not happen when I am using USB-connected speakers and a wireless mouse.

I don't have a professional background in computer engineering/programming but am somewhat savvy. I have built a few Hackintoshes in the past few years. I followed the Opencore Vanilla guide down to the last detail, and have gone back to every single section from kexts to post-install troubleshooting.

I used to run this same setup with an AMD CPU and had the same issue. I switched to Intel to try to fix this problem and for Adobe suite stability. I am running licensed Adobe software.

I have tried 3 different Wifi/Bluetooth cards (2 different Fenvis and another Amazon Chinese one) and they all do the same thing.

Here's my PC specs:

Opencore v0.7.8
MacOS Monterey 12.2
iMac20,1 (I believe)
Intel Core i9-10900K
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi
2 x 16BG G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
fenvi T919 PCI-E WiFi Adapter

I also attached my config.plist in case it helps.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.7 KB · Views: 38
Hello,

I've been having problems with Bluetooth for a while now. My wifi/Bluetooth works fine for the most part, and I have all the Handoff/Airdrop functionality. However, sometimes (especially when I am using a CPU/GPU intensive software like Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere) the connection Bluetooth starts to stutter and the mouse pointer/audio (AirPods) starts to get choppy. It happens for 15-45 seconds, and then it normalizes back, but it will happen again in a while. It does not happen when I am using USB-connected speakers and a wireless mouse.

I don't have a professional background in computer engineering/programming but am somewhat savvy. I have built a few Hackintoshes in the past few years. I followed the Opencore Vanilla guide down to the last detail, and have gone back to every single section from kexts to post-install troubleshooting.

I used to run this same setup with an AMD CPU and had the same issue. I switched to Intel to try to fix this problem and for Adobe suite stability. I am running licensed Adobe software.

I have tried 3 different Wifi/Bluetooth cards (2 different Fenvis and another Amazon Chinese one) and they all do the same thing.

Here's my PC specs:

Opencore v0.7.8
MacOS Monterey 12.2
iMac20,1 (I believe)
Intel Core i9-10900K
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon WiFi
2 x 16BG G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
fenvi T919 PCI-E WiFi Adapter

I also attached my config.plist in case it helps.

Thanks!
make sure you have done this correctly:

and have set your wifi to "internal"

you probably only need to have:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>HFS+ Driver</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>HfsPlus.efi</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
            </dict>

make sure you have done this correctly:

and have set your wifi to "internal"

you probably only need to have:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>HFS+ Driver</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>HfsPlus.efi</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Arguments</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>OpenRuntime.efi</string>
            </dict>
I re-mapped the USBs and checked the drivers. I only have HFS+ and OpenRuntime as you suggested. I am not sure how to check for the wifi to be set to internal.

So far, everything is working as usual. I will give it a day or two to see if the stutter is fixed. I will get back to you in a couple.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back