Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Apple BT Trackpad, Apple BT Keyboard, and Microsoft BT mouse. For bluetooth, I am using an AZiO BTD-V201 USB dongle.

Every time I boot the machine, I have to go through setting up a new bluetooth device for my keyboard. It is never discovered. Both the mouse and trackpad are discovered, and work flawlessly.

My "real" Mac at work also has a BT Keyboard and Trackpad. When I boot that machine, it discovers the keyboard no problem. I never have to "re-discover" the keyboard.

So, my questions are, 1) Why is my fully up-to-date (10.6.8) Hackintosh not discovering my keyboard automatically, 2) has anyone else dealt with this behavior, and 3) can I fix it?

Of all the things that could go wrong with a Sandy Bridge Hackintosh setup, this is a pretty minor annoyance. If I could just fix it, I would then have a system indistinguishable from a "real" Mac.

Thanks!

Bump?

I have the exact same problem, would love to hear a solution.

I also have the same problem, using the same Azio bluetooth module. I thought that perhaps my keyboard was broken, but it just paired flawlessly with my laptop when tested. Any solutions?

Anyone found a solution for this BT issue yet?

This is from AZIO's knowledge base on the BTD-V201:

"Question:

How do I connect with the Apple Bluetooth keyboard?

Answer:

Right-click on the Bluetooth tray-bar icon and select ‘Options…’. Click on the “Security” tab and select ‘Custom Level…”. Under “Mode” category, turn on “Link level enforced security (Authentication and encryption)”. Run the connection wizard and connect".

When I right-click on the icon (in the upper right-hand corner of my desktop), there's no 'Options' setting to select. Do these directions refer to an earlier version of the mac OS??

TheGrandWazoo22 said:
This is from AZIO's knowledge base on the BTD-V201:

"Question:

How do I connect with the Apple Bluetooth keyboard?

Answer:

Right-click on the Bluetooth tray-bar icon and select ‘Options…’. Click on the “Security” tab and select ‘Custom Level…”. Under “Mode” category, turn on “Link level enforced security (Authentication and encryption)”. Run the connection wizard and connect".

When I right-click on the icon (in the upper right-hand corner of my desktop), there's no 'Options' setting to select. Do these directions refer to an earlier version of the mac OS??

Sounds like the directions for setting up Apple Keyboard in Windows.

I am using a rocketfish RF-MRBTAD. It works well with a Macally bluetooth keyboard and a magic mouse. It automatically connects in 10.6.8 and 10.7.0 after the first pairing. About $10 plus shipping from Amazon. I switch between the 2 OSs (10.6.8 and 10.7.2) with no problem. Works OOB. Sleep wake up works fine with no tweeks. :thumbup:

2 links to threads on BT dongles
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28826
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34576

Thanks for the advice JohnnyMac2001! I just ordered the RF-MRBTAD from eBay for $8 with free shipping. I'll post back on how well it works for me.

UPDATE: Just received my Rocketfish RF-MRBTAD today and it's been working like a champ in both Lion and Win 7! Just plugged it in and after it was detected by the OS, I paired it once with my apple keyboard. Now it's automatically detected whenever I reboot and everything is good. Now, what to do with my oh-so-slightly used AZIO bluetooth adapter?? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back