1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mountain Lion installed on the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i3-3225
Motherboard: GA-Z77-DS3H
RAM: Corsair Memory Vengeance 8 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDR

Initially got up and running with multibeast, booting reliably. Then, I added two additional hard drives and the graphics driver stopped working. Was able to boot into safe mode only. I am not using a graphics card, just the on board driver on the MB

Then the boot started to hang on the apple screen, with the progress "spinner" hanging.

Booting to verbose mode yields the following output (truncated):
macx_swapon SUCCESS
en0: BSSID changed to 00:1d:d9:47:7b:65
en0::IO80211 Interface::postMessage bssid changed
AirPort: Link Up on en0
AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en0
14.828900: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
14.841871: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
14.855128: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
(cursor hangs here)

Booting in safe, verbose mode yields the following output prior to hanging (truncated):
AirPort: Link Up on en0
AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en0
29.513260: setWOW_PARAMETERS:wow events = 2(1)
30.308990: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
30.320497: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
30.333156: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
WARNING: IOPlatformPlugUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

I did a completely fresh installation on an empty hard drive and am still getting the above messages. I don't have a copy of the multibeast settings that I used, but before I try another installation, I'd like to know which options I need (I think I just selected the DSDT-Free installation checkbox)

Any help is appreciated

I have a GA-H77N with the same problem, after multibeast installs, my system just stays at the apple screen with the spinning loader :beachball:. This is quite frustrating as i've been at this for a couple of days now, with no luck of getting it to work. I bought all the parts on the list just so that it would work right off the bat, disabled TV-D and also configure the bios accordingly. I could load teh of in safe mode though ( -x ).

Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 1.24.47 AM.png
The multibeast settings that did not result in a kernel panic

System Specifications:

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
Motherboard: GA-H77N
CPU: i7 3770
RAM: 2 X 4GB Dual Channel (corsair)
SSD: 120 GB SanDisk Extreem

If someone could help me please i really don't know where to go from here. Thanks in advance

Can you try to boot in verbose mode and paste here the last few strings before the system hangs?

@cbnewman you should paste it in chamaleon.boot.plist and you'll se the syntax once you open the file.

Hey guys thanks for all your help :). My system is finally up and running. I just need to get some things to work like the Wifi (which is probably not supported), the USB 3.0 inputs, Make sure my ethernet is working properly, and see how i can pair a track pad and apple keyboard through the build in bluetooth radio, and have it recognize these peripherals at the start up screen. But all in all, i'm already pretty happy with the results. and once again wanna thank the community and tonymac for building this great site that is rich in resources :headbang: if anyone has problems i would be more then happy to help where i can. My build is the GA-H77N Wifi, i7 3770, SSD 120 GB SanDisk, 8GB Dual channel RAM.

Hey guys thanks for all your help :). My system is finally up and running.

Can you post what you did to successfully get through the spinning wheel?

Thanks!

Hey everyone! Long time reader, first time poster (and builder :)).

BUT, I am having the same issue with a broken installation after using the DSDT-Free setting in Multi–Beast. :beachball:

I used the following parts as outlined in the CustoMac build section (to ensure everything worked right "out of the box", which it doesn't...yet)...

CPU:
Intel Core i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge)

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

RAM:
16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3

Case:
Corsair Carbide 300R

Storage:
Hitachi SATA 500GB

Power Supply:
Corsair CX430

WiFi Card:
TP-Link PCI Express WiFi Adapter (TL-WDN4800)

Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Any help y'all have would be greatly appreciated!!

Ok, I figured it out. I was using a VGA cable to connect my monitor. I bought a DVI-D cable to use instead, and voilà! It now works :D !!!

Ok, I figured it out. I was using a VGA cable to connect my monitor. I bought a DVI-D cable to use instead, and voilà! It now works :D !!!
Thanks Pyrolad.

I had the identical problem. I switched from a VGA to a DVI cable, and all was OK!
So don't use VGA cables folks!

Thanks Pyrolad.

I had the identical problem. I switched from a VGA to a DVI cable, and all was OK!
So don't use VGA cables folks!

Same issue - here, same resolution (haha).

Now I am getting extreme corruption of video once I am past the grey Apple boot screen. Onto the next thing!

Got it. Had increased the memory buffer in UEFI. Set it back to 64MB, and its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back